Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin Man...

I didn't mind the bad dialogue, the design was good, the actors were there. Just bits and pieces of it just hurt my teeth...
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Re: Tin Man...

I'd only watch it for Zooey...ah Zooey....
    One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

I thought the structure was interesting... the evil wicked witch of the West is in fact her evil older sister... I like the twist of it, ignoring the dialogue and everything else that may seem bad... and it played three times last night in case you missed it, and it plays again tonight before Episode 2, oh well... the story is cool...
      D. Alin
      http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

I agree with that. The story is good. It's just if felt like they were trying to push them faster and faster and missing a lot of atmosphere. Central City almost felt like Rapture in Bioshock but it needed a bit more.

I liked the different cultures in the Zone, Mill Town and such.

Too bad this hadn't been a 13 episode show, would have slowed things down a bit and let the actors act...
        R.K. Bentley

Comment

Originally posted by RKBentley View Post
          Central City almost felt like Rapture in Bioshock but it needed a bit more.
          "They said it was impossible to build Central City in the middle of the O.Z...I said it was impossible to build it anywhere else."

-Andrew Ryan (Wizard)

Comment

Jesus, Zooey Deschanel's acting was horrible. I don't know if she was directed poorly or if it was her, but it seemed like she was making a different movie/show than everyone else in it. It felt to me like she was going for ironic detachment, and helped contribute to the tonal dissonance that I thought plagued the show.
            "Witticism"
            -Some Guy

Comment

Thanks for the synopses. I'll catch it on a rerun.
              Hello. Aren't I cute? Write me a poem. About love.

Comment

Originally posted by Smileycat View Post
                Thanks for the synopses. I'll catch it on a rerun.
                You still have a chance to see the first part tonight before they show part 2.

Just watch it tonight. And probably later they'll show it again the in future, like in Apirl when it's Mini-series month!

But, rest assured it will be showed again!
                D. Alin
                http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                  "They said it was impossible to build Central City in the middle of the O.Z...I said it was impossible to build it anywhere else."

-Andrew Ryan (Wizard)
                  I keep saying it... Video games are the new media for storytelling

The Little Sisters still freak me out...

RE: Tin Man...

I'm gonna check this out because this retelling/re-imaging doesn't seem to pretentious and at least appears it isn't trying to be more than it is.

Goota love genetics. The Deschanel sisters got it going on
                  Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Anyone know the budget for the whole series?
                    "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Oh Zoey... sweetie... you need to chat with you agent. This series is brutal.
                      "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Now see, I thought Night 2 was better than Night 1.

And, I think Zoey, is fine for the series once she learns how to start acting. The whole wide eyed bit is really grating. I liked her in Hitchiker's Guide but in this it's like she's reading a different script from everyone else...
                        R.K. Bentley

Comment

I have yet to see part two, but part one really surprised me.

I am not a fan of "The Wizard of Oz" normally... But this version seems to resonate a lot more with me in terms of the archetypes and greater themes that are going on vs. just the iconography of the story.

I think why this version works better than the original adaptation everyone refers to as the defacto standard is this is done more as a fantasy action-adventure than a musical... The story is treated more seriously... Is why I think I can relate to it more, as a male, than the previous version.

I also know they changed the story A LOT and it is the classic heroes journey now more than ever (the Star Wars similarities just leaped out at me), but I think they had to for modern audiences and I think it works better because of this.
                          Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by David Alin View Post
                            You still have a chance to see the first part tonight before they show part 2.

Just watch it tonight. And probably later they'll show it again the in future, like in Apirl when it's Mini-series month!

But, rest assured it will be showed again!

Uh-oh. Too late!
                            Hello. Aren't I cute? Write me a poem. About love.

Comment

Most important of all...

Unless one is a pederast, Kathleen Robertson is a million times more attractive than Zooey Deschanel, pervs.

Comment

Working...
                              X