Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last DINNER FOR FIVE ever!

You can watch it today at IFC.com. Preems tomorrow (2/01) on the IFC channel.

Damn, I love this show. Gonna miss it. Really wish Favs coulda figured out a way to keep his film career on an uptick and still do this every so often.

Re: Last DINNER FOR FIVE ever!

I always made a point to watch this show, but I hated myself for doing so. While it's certainly a good idea there just seemed something so self-congratulatory about it much of the time.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
      While it's certainly a good idea there just seemed something so self-congratulatory about it much of the time.
      I think that pertained mostly to Favs; I never really got the impression from his guests.

In fact, one of the best episodes was where Kevin Smith guest-hosted and basically called out Favreau on that, joking how it was always, "This one time on the set of SWINGERS..." with him.

Comment

Yeah, it was almost excluseivly him. Just the way he sat there sucking on those cigars with that smug look on his face. Like he was somehow cool by association.

Comment

Are other seasons on DVD? I know 1 and maybe 2 are.

Some great eps like the ones with Sarah Silverman, Rod Steiger and Michael Rappaport.
          sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

Amazon has a box set of every episode for like $75, I think.

Comment

I liked the show a lot. As far as Favreau seeming to always bring up Swingers, back when the show started he really didn't have much to talk about at the time. He hadn't done much, yet.

And sometimes when I see Swingers, I really wonder where the careers of Favreau and vaughan would have been if they didn't make that little movie.

Comment

Finally caught the last episode. I was wondering why it was gone so long and now suddenly back. I realized it was for one reason only - to promote Vaughan's Wild West Comedy Show. That kind of bugged me.

And yes, they did talk about Swingers... again.

Comment

It was a terrific talk show. I love that it eliminated the audience to play to and introduced alcohol, allowing for fascinating insights and dirt that you would never normally hear outside of the industry. Each episode depended on the quality and chemistry of the group at the table, which sometimes failed but often resulted in fascinating ensembles, and gave each episode a different tone.

The Wellspring release of the first season was terrific, though I warn everyone that the Amazon box-set is actually DVD-Rs with no extras and lousy production value.

Comment

Working...
                  X