Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol April 29

Wow, if I were Brooke White I'd get a restraining order. Fast.

Comment

Brooke's time was definitely up.

Seyesha is next. Granted, she has a beautiful voice, but she doesn't
      connect emotionally to anything. It doesn't matter if she's signing about
      lost love, joy, death, cute babies, dead puppies or whatever - she has
      that same giant smile on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmartin66
        Dreads, as Corona calls him... worst singer I've seen make it this far. Do you think anyone is really going to go out and buy his CD? Clearly the folks at Vote For The Worst are having an influence.
        Vote for the Worst hasn't been behind Jason up until just now. They were supporting Brooke last.

I don't think he's that bad. He's just an entirely different type of musician than they've ever had on the show, and not one who fits the format very well. Depending on his talents as a songwriter, he could have a nice career within that genre of Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz and such.

Comment

I think I may be the only person here who stopped watching any of "American Idol" quite a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmartin66
            Dreads, as Corona calls him... worst singer I've seen make it this far. Do you think anyone is really going to go out and buy his CD? Clearly the folks at Vote For The Worst are having an influence.
            If this dreadlocks guy hooks up with the right producer and has the smarts to record songs that fit his voice (Jack Johnson, Eagle Eye Cherry etc) he can make an album that'll outsell that little David A. several times over. While David's got a nice voice, he doesn't strike me as having any real personality or musical perspective. He's Clay Aiken all over again. Outside of old ladies and maybe really young kids, he's not going to have a strong fan base and will be on Broadway within two years. Not that that's a bad thing at all... just not a recording star.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
              I think I may be the only person here who stopped watching any of "American Idol" quite a while ago.
              You'd better be on your way, j over. We don't need your kind around here.

Comment

I'm with bob all the way on this one.

I wanted Dreads to go home but I'm glad Brooke went instead of Syesha.

And Dreads is really really bad.

Corona
                I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

I loved Jason's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I bought the iTunes studio version and the backup singers ruin it. I think they should get some male backup singers for the men.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
                  - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Originally posted by velysai View Post
                    I loved Jason's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I bought the iTunes studio version and the backup singers ruin it. I think they should get some male backup singers for the men.
                    I love that jam, velysai.

But I'm sorry, not by no Jason. I love when the big guy sings it.

Corona
                    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Jason has a definite charm to him, and when he picks the right song he
                      does pretty well. He will get a record deal and have at least moderate
                      success. Of those left, he's the worst, but he'll still stay a week longer
                      than Seyesha.

Comment

My 15 year old daughter and all her friends think Jason and David A. are sooooo hot. They vote for both. The teens are the ones who vote -- and Jason isn't going anywhere based on what I've seen (maybe he will before the two Davids, however).

Comment

Working...
                        X