Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CW Upfronts: Pickups & Cancellations

One day before its upfront presentation, The CW hands out pickup orders to the majority of its pilot and established series. "Aliens in America" gets cut. "Reaper" continues to sit on the bubble awaiting its fate. Read the full article at the link below.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-cw...0,608644.story

Re: The CW Upfronts: Pickups & Cancellations

http://reporter.blogs.com/pilotseaso...aper-gets.html

REAPER LIVES... according to the Hollywood Reporter...

I love that show.

Comment

Glad to hear that Reaper hasn't been cancelled. Good news.

Comment

Not surprised Aliens in America was cancelled. The concept was terrific , and they rasied a lot of questions and addressed substatntial issues through humor. Throwing even more backgrounds in the mix and making it more adult oriented, might have possibly gotten a longer run. Despite how good the writing was, it always seemed like what would happen if the Simpson's staff got their hands on an after school special. Not knocking a first rate attempt of doing something really different, just thought the kid angle doomed it as a weekly series.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          http://reporter.blogs.com/pilotseaso...aper-gets.html

REAPER LIVES... according to the Hollywood Reporter...

I love that show.
          "Reaper"

"We're all immigrants now, man."
          - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

I'm also happy they renewed Reaper. I just hate the fact it won't be back until midseason. If I were the Programming Executive at The CW, I would have nailed One Tree Hill into the midseason slot instead. That show is so awkwardly long in the tooth many are surprised it's still on.

Comment

Yes mid season seems like it might really hurt Reaper and they just want to see if the people that are watching it can find it again.

Plenty of other choices for mid season.

I wonder if it's about idea to spec a show like Reaper... does mid season mean "we'll wait to cancel this halfway through next season"

Comment

Though The CW is not as cancel-happy as FOX when it comes to deciding on the fate of its shows, I find they have a strange love/hate emotion towards them.

For example, if I were them I would have at least tried to see how a Veronica Mars FBI story developed before I said no to it. But to bring back One Tree Hill? That still doesn't make any sense to me. In my opinion, Gossip Girl, which is a very hot show right now among teens, actually helps One Tree Hill's ratings, not the other way around as one would think.

Another example is Reba, which was the The CW's highest rated comedy. Even when they put it up against a tough Thursday night line up, it consistently performed well. Yet still, they canceled it.

Reaper could be in trouble because of this long hiatus until midseason. I have family that knows very little about the television industry. In their minds, if a show leaves the air, it must have been canceled. Plain and simple. Or they'll say, "What ever happened to that show about...?" They're not familiar with the term "midseason."

For The CW to keep Reaper "on the bubble" for so long and then renew it at the last minute tells me they're not too attached it. Seems they like it, but they don't love it.

Comment

All good stuff. But I also heard it replaces Smallville which I guess ends next season. So maybe it was just that... well they need something to replace Smallville's time slot so maybe it will pick up fans on Thursdays...

But it does seem like "I'll cancel you guys next year"

However, I follow TV and because of the strike and just weird programming decisions (good shows like 24 and LOST are breaking the rules of when a show starts a season)... I come to find out that According to Jim got an 8th season.

No joke -- I've seen one episode, but I don't recall seeing a preview or a mention or flipping by it in the past 4 years... does it really exist?

I feel it keeps getting picked up, but is never on.

Comment

Glad thursdays are staying the same... I love Supernatural. And have grown attached to Smallville, even if it's disappointed me over and over.

Comment

Reaper is closest we'll ever get to Buffy again. Absolutely love this show (ranks just behind pushing daisies, samantha who, battlestar, chuck and greek--this ranking excludes showtime and HBO). Wasn't surprised to find out Kevin smith directed the first episode.
                      "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X