Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIMYM and the Industry

I'm so happy How I met Your mother got renewed... it was one of those shows that as soon as I heard the title and Bob Saget... I got sick. Another awful show.

But even thought the premise sounded bland, the show is amazing. I think that's the problem. Everyone assumes it's this one thing, when it's the most clever sitcom on TV.

I got one episode Season 1 by flipping the channel and got hooked really quickly.

Anyway... this and Reaper are back. This never happens to me. TV hasn't cancelled the shows I liked for once.

Sill how are shows like Till Death still on the air. NO ONE I know watches it or even mentions it. It doesn't exist.

But I never will understand how they will have a show... it will get 8 million views and they consider canceling it.

Isn't it easier and more cost effective to stick with a show that "only" gets 8 million when at best the new show could do 12... I never get that.

I understand cost issues, but if they sitcom costs the same as the one you're replacing it with...

Especially since even hits like The Office only get what 10 million... gone are the days of Cheers when everyone was watching the same show.

One of these days, someone has to explain it to me.

I used to love ER... but that's the other side of the coin. It should have been stopped 2 years ago... now it's just sad to watch.

It's very very weird industry. Maybe it will be better in 10 years when were all watching 400 shows online and they never cancel anything again because they lose control.

Re: HIMYM and the Industry

In English please.
    "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
      In English please.
      In other words, we're in a corrupted industry.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
        In English please.
        You must write comedies. You have so many funny one liners on these forums... they add so much.

Comment

Working...
        X