Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life On Mars

any of you cats watching this one? anyone else feel it is lacking something and you just can't put your finger on it? I think it is because there is no character development on the side characters (Keitel/Imperioili etc) as they all come across as one dimensional cardboard cliches. we need to see them outside the station house etc...
    "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Re: Life On Mars

I am such a massive fan of the original that I just can't bring myself to do it.

Although I was really impressed when I read that the network scrapped their ideas after the pilot; rewriting it, recasting it and changing the direction they originally started out with. At least they are trying to make it not suck.

Still, I doubt I'll bother.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Interesting point of view... yeah, these characters are a little flat, but I like how they insult the Police woman and she just stands there and takes it like there is no tomorrow... I'm trying to remember if that was the case back then?

Although, I was not even 11 years old at that time... and maybe people did act like that?! Who knows for you.

But, I like this show... and maybe they will give us some back story on these characters more... especially Ray. I remember that look... and this coming week is Whoopie Goldberg playing a role. WOW!

Oh well, lets see what happens.
      D. Alin
      http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I like it too. Didn't know it was a remake. I like the way the 'reality' skews in interesting places. Like the woman who lives in his building - I think the first time she showed up she was walking around naked, and because it didn't seem weird to her, he got used to it. The whole series does catch the tone of the seventies, but skewed, because, of course, its his coma memories and thoughts we're seeing.

Didn't think I'd like it, since its all happening in his head, but I do.
          sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Working...
          X