No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo, Dvr

It's amazing.

It's the 21st Century and we've yet to have the technological know-how to create a TIVO or DVR that registers when a TV show/sporting event runs overtime.
    Twitter: @WriterLe

Re: Tivo, Dvr

Originally posted by The White Album View Post
    It's amazing.

It's the 21st Century and we've yet to have the technological know-how to create a TIVO or DVR that registers when a TV show/sporting event runs overtime.
    mine told me i was hungry and ordered me to order a pizza. my stomach's been paralyzed for 7 years, so i was filled with joy, and soon with pizza. until i vomited and cursed my evil box god.

Comment

Originally posted by anu View Post
      mine told me i was hungry and ordered me to order a pizza. my stomach's been paralyzed for 7 years, so i was filled with joy, and soon with pizza. until i vomited and cursed my evil box god.
      Guess I need an upgrade.

Comment

You know what drives me crazy? When WWE or WWF or whatever the hell it is runs long on USA and I miss the last few minutes of the SEASON FRICKIN' FINALE of Burn Notice. Or the whatever of Burn Notice, for that matter. But the season finale -- that's just mean.

The thing is, how can wrestling run over? It's a staged sport. I mean, any other sport, fine. I'm irritated, but I get it. Games run long. But how the hell can you run long with a FAKE SPORT?!?!?!

Man, they're lucky USA runs everything a bunch of times. (And of course, I probably could have watched it online. But whatever.) But next time stoopid wrestling effs something up, somebody's getting a call. And a snippy email, too. Humph.
        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

That's why you set to record any show or sporting event to run longer than its scheduled time slot. Whenever I record a Lakers game, I make sure the DVR adds 30 or more minutes to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by thewire View Post
            That's why you set to record any show or sporting event to run longer than its scheduled time slot. Whenever I record a Lakers game, I make sure the DVR adds 30 or more minutes to the end.
            Sometimes that conflicts with the recording schedule, which is probably a symptom of me watching too much TV.

Comment

Jilly: I think WWE and USA have something worked out because it always goes over. Also, WWE RAW is a live event - so sh*t happens and can run long. WWE is selling PPV's and the last match is with the headliners of the company. So that story has to be told.

RAW is big money maker for USA with a TON of viewers. So WWE probably gets what they want.

And tho they may not go for the same demographic, I'm sure BURN NOTICE doesn't mind having all those viewers for a lead in. That's how I got into the show.

Comment

x
                Last edited by 12916studios; 11-28-2010, 09:35 PM.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

My DVR lets me pick the time I want it to start and the time I want it to stop.

I mostly just record movies, though. And random awesome shows on History or Discovery. I have about 7 weekends worth just waiting to be watched.

I should do that soon.

Comment

I've never had a problem DVR'ing Lost. It always cuts off right after the previews for next week (which I would've been better off without).
                    Last edited by Dean; 03-15-2011, 03:39 PM.
                    Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
                    Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
                    Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

^^^ Even when it runs over by six minutes?

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

jilly - your post was funny!

I hate it when a live show like American Idol runs over and I'm really interested in Hell's Kitchen and then I miss who gets kicked off the show and have to look it up online. Stupid 'live' shows. Quit yammering judges, we're trying to watch the show after yours.

Comment

Sadly, it's the networks' fault. The DVRs just go off of downloaded schedules. No way to do it real-time unless you had super-high bandwidth streaming.

I love my Tivo, been a subscriber since version 1. But I am looking forward to the day when TV is all downloadable a la cart. Pick and choose what show you want and have the full episode delivered to your DVR. I'd do Apple TV if it wasn't so expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                            ^^^ Even when it runs over by six minutes?
                            Yep. I see next week's ep. is set to end at 10:02 and I'm sure that's when it'll stop. Maybe it's my DirecTV and DVR, but it's never scheduled to end at 10. The running time is always over an hour and it shows that on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeJackson View Post
                              Sadly, it's the networks' fault. The DVRs just go off of downloaded schedules. No way to do it real-time unless you had super-high bandwidth streaming.

I love my Tivo, been a subscriber since version 1. But I am looking forward to the day when TV is all downloadable a la cart. Pick and choose what show you want and have the full episode delivered to your DVR. I'd do Apple TV if it wasn't so expensive.
                              I don't see that ever becoming the norm. If you downloaded I'm sure you'll be either forced to sit through commercials or have to pay to download. They'd have to make money somehow and they're not just going to give you the shows without them getting some kind of revenue. I'd rather just DVR something and watch it later.

Comment

Working...
                              X