Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caprica

This comes out on dvd tomorrow. Has anybody seen it?

I was thinking about picking it up since BSG was so f---ing bad-ass, but I have not heard a word on this new series, good or bad. Is it worth checking out, or should I stay home and be thankful for BSG?

Re: Caprica

Watched it a week ago because a DVDrip leaked online. It was fvcking fantastic! I wholly recommend it. It really was amazing. You should know that it's definitely not BSG, but it definitely fits in the BSGverse... They are both very different shows, but that doesn't stop it from being a high quality piece of TV.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Eh, what the hell. I'll buy it. I have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
        Watched it a week ago because a DVDrip leaked online. It was fvcking fantastic! I wholly recommend it. It really was amazing. You should know that it's definitely not BSG, but it definitely fits in the BSGverse... They are both very different shows, but that doesn't stop it from being a high quality piece of TV.
        I am pumped for this. I hope that you'd decide to spend the money and buy this dvd rather than just watch a leaked version. That is taboo 'round these parts.
        Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
        Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I'm a penniless college student with an insanely fast campus internet connection and little patience for DVD releases. I DL eveything.

I also agree that once I am no longer penniless I will go out and drop a few grand on everything I have downloaded illegally.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

I saw this last night at the Paley Fest in Hollywood with an audience of Battlestar Galactica fans. It started off a little confusing, but it soon hooked me and it became quite interesting as it unwinded. Pretty cool ending.

After they had a Q&A about BSG and Caprica with Ron Moore, David Eick, Jane Espenson, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Eric Stoltz, Paula Malcomson, Esai Morales, Magda Apanowicz and Alessandra Toreson, with Seth Green moderating.

Moore said the show is going to be more about the characters and their struggle, and they're making a completely different/original show that doesn't really have anything to do with what we know from BSG. (Guess that's easy to figure out.) As the series takes place 58 years before the fall of Caprica, there was a running joke during the Q&A that the series would go on for 58 seasons.

It was interesting that Seth Green was actually asking some tough questions of Moore, questions he took from the internet and fans, I take it, about things in the series finale that were left to interpretation, and other things that weren't cleared up. Didn't find any great revelations, but it was nice to hear Moore's thoughts.

Comment

I want to get this one, it is going to be on TV in the fall or something?

Does anyone know?
              D. Alin
              http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Since I found the script on-line (great link, btw) and since seen the DVD (plus the delete scenes), I have to say it was good and overall a different show.

None of the final 5 Cyclons show up in it which nice to see(yes I know they won't arrive for another 30 yrs), many times you expect the torch being passed scene but instead it's standing on it's own two feet.

On a side note finding the BSG Bible (same link as before) and seeing Caprica is interesting to see how little they changed from the backstory of the characters. The only drastic point was Adam's parents not getting divorced.

Finally, on a nitpicky note: I don't understand why the deleted scenes were deleted in the first place since it's A: a DVD and B: Unrated. Wonder if they'll keep those scenes for the seris in 2010.

And, yes, David it should be arriving on Sci-Fi shortly dunno when.

I was surpised no ad on the DVD for The Plan...
                R.K. Bentley
                My Blog, My Design Studio
                "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I saw a preview of THE PLAN last night and it looked great. Sometime in the fall.

CAPRICA starts filming the series this summer and should premiere very early next year.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.a...420_battlestar

An excellent account of what was discussed.
                  Last edited by thewire; 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X