Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maude, We'll Miss Ya RIP

Bea Arthur could nail you with a look and make you laugh at yourself. Almost too intelligent for show biz.
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
    -Maya Angelou

Re: Maude, We'll Miss Ya RIP

Oh Christ, Wade is going to be crushed.

Comment

She had this 'look' when she was stupefied, that just rocked! Loved her in 'Golden Girls.' Rest in peace, girl.

Comment

Had her own show on Broadway at 80. A very classy dame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWt-Vtmvaac

Comment

I'll miss her. I always thought she had such great comedic style, I mean when she would give Rose one of "those looks" on Golden Girls I would just lose it.

Comment

Way ahead of her time. I remember Maude, when she uttered what had to be the raciest line ever delivered on the small screen up until that time (paraphrasing):

MAUDE
            Women aren't possessions, Walter, they are partners.

WALTER
            C'mon Maude, you've told me a hundred times you want to be possessed.

MAUDE
            I never told you that standing up and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob M View Post
              I'll miss her. I always thought she had such great comedic style, I mean when she would give Rose one of "those looks" on Golden Girls I would just lose it.

Me too. "Golden Girls" was one of those shows that should have been canned, but it beat the odds like hell. Bea Arthur, we'll miss you.
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
              X