Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Treatment

Anyone watching this? I'm a fan of Mr. Bryne's which is why I watch a few of them. Not a fan of therapy, especially. Like his sessions with Gina, though.
    sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Re: In Treatment

Originally posted by peasblossom View Post
    Anyone watching this? I'm a fan of Mr. Bryne's which is why I watch a few of them. Not a fan of therapy, especially. Like his sessions with Gina, though.
    Love Gabriel Byrne. Great actor.

Comment

I watched the first few episodes of the first season. I thought it was great for what it is, two people on stage, delivering solid dialogue, but outside of that, I can't watch an entire season of it. I'll go watch students at a black box when I need my fill of overindulgent acting on couches.

Comment

gabriel byrne is solid as usual, but everytime i accidentally land on hbo when this is on i immediately turn. what a snoozefest, listening to a bunch of actors sit on a couch talking about a bunch of stuff we never see. i've never watched more than 10 mins, do they ever actually get off the couch and shoot scenes at any other location??
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Love Gabriel Byrne, Hope Davis and Dianne Wiest. And the kid, Aaron Shaw, is great, too. I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea; it's more like theater than film. But I don't find it the least bit boring. It's gripping, emotionally powerful drama -- and there's tons of conflict in every moment.

Comment

Very engrossing. I watch the episodes with John Mahoney, Hope Davis and Dianne Wiest.

Comment

The eps with John Mahoney are just so painfully uncomfortable.

Comment

to hold attention with just dialogue takes skill and they have it
                "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
                  to hold attention with just dialogue takes skill and they have it
                  Very solid dialogue and great acting, but have only been able to take it in very limited doses. Your impression of about half his patients is not that they are interesting, but more in the vein of did they take whining lessons from Fran Dresher.

Would suspect that HBO had some idea that this was going to be a high quality niche show and wasn't going to be the next The Wire, so would definitely give them credit for not taking the easy way out and spinning off a Soprano's character and moving them to Vegas. Not a big fan, but I could see where people who like this type of show, could get hooked on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X