Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is NCIS so popular?

It is basic crimeserie in Navy. Is it that Pro-marines thing or what? I would like to hear your opinions on this one since its great popularity seems to me like a mystery...

By the way, I am crazy for this serie, I am watching it live on net and collect those damn DVDs when they arrive here. I really like that Marine thing that Gibbs has(one of my greatest characters), but also supporting actors has that something, especially DiNozzo. Probably if I would live in US, I would have joined Marines also, so there is a soft spot in my heart to them and especially to every movie/book/series made of them...

Maybe one thing why I love this serie is Gibbs and his tormented soul. I have noticed that I have always loved characters who have those great pains inside them(Gibbs, Crockett etc) But could this be the reason for that this serie is so popular, or is it just made so after 9/11, that people like it?
    Get ready

Re: Why is NCIS so popular?

I think it's the combination of a crime procedural fused with solid character drama and lots and lots of humor in between.

I like the show a lot. The characters are well written and the cast is pitch perfect.

The behind-the-scenes on the DVDs featuring cast interviews are a highlight.

Comment

What it always comes back to is the characters. They are brilliantly written, and wonderfully acted -- and their interactions are hilarious.

I've been watching this show since Season 2 (caught S1 later), and am a huge fan.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

I'd never seen it before, but was visiting my dad and he had it on...In one of the most infamous scenes, Ducky had just spoken his part and walked off and one of the women said that Ducky was kinda cute and asked Gibbs what he looked like when he was younger.

"Ilya Kuryakin" was Gibbs' dead-panned answer...I've been a fan ever since.

Midnite

Comment

I love the show too but was a bit disheartened when it first came out.
          I was thirty pages into a spec feature script involving the NCIS at the time.

Thought it was unique. Then I figured why do a movie when there's
          a popular TV show about the same thing.

Anyway, I was also a huge fan of JAG. So obviously, Bellisario knows
          what he's doing.
          The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense - Tom Clancy

Comment

I just started watching this series and it is now one of my favorite shows. For me, it's all about the characters! They are funny, unpredictable, and yet...consistent!

For example, you wouldn't expect Jethro (sp?) to have such a soft spot for Abby, who is quirky, dark, and eccentric, and yet he does. In almost every episode he brings her a gigantic soft drink, and when she was being stalked he was absolutely father like!

McGee is precious, and a perfect contrast to DeNosa's playboy character. The chemistry between all of them is perfect.

Initially I was not attracted because the crime scene/navy jargon is foreign to me, but the rich characters made up for that, and now I love it.

The only thing I would say is the gore is .... ewwwww! I could do without that.

Tape, more of a response than you asked for, I'm sure, but I'm psyched because I just discovered NCIS!
            HL

Comment

It's popular because of old people. It makes them feel like someone else is in the room.

I have to call foul on the other reasons given here.

Comment

it's only popular with 6 million people... the other 299 million were doing something else that night
                "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

21 AMAZING RACE 15 CBS 3.3 4,375
                  22 NCIS R CBS 3.3 4,281
                  23 COUGAR TOWN ABC 3.2 4,167
                  www.tvbythenumbers.com

Last week they were #22 in the 18-49 demo. Not bad, though you are correct that it's the old folks that put the show in the top ten in overall viewers.
                  If you really like it you can have the rights
                  It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Originally posted by odocoileus View Post
                    www.tvbythenumbers.com

Last week they were #22 in the 18-49 demo. Not bad, though you are correct that it's the old folks that put the show in the top ten in overall viewers.
                    That's because of the World Series. The week before that they were #7.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                      That's because of the World Series. The week before that they were #7.

Good point.

I thought they were doing pretty well in the 18-49.
                      If you really like it you can have the rights
                      It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

I watch it because Michael Weatherly is hot. That's really the only reason.
                        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I don't know, let me ask my mom (in her mid-70s)...

She would probably say, "That Mark Harmon is kind of cute".

My guess is - for the same reason why Nelson DeMille is always on the best seller's lists.

- Bill
                          Free Script Tips:
                          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Isn't here anyone who thinks that Ziva is hot? I would get killed by Mossad agent, I would prefer her to do it...

But yeah, I think that main point is those characters and how they reveal about themselves in some episodes, and then you understand wholebunch of things...

One of my great moments was that "kidnapped" boyscout who was like DiNozzo, and everybody noticed it except him. Especially in his bedroom where Ziva noticed DiNozzo about boys Magnum P.I Ferraribed, it just really got something...

But it seems that everyone of them could have and actually has some "own" episodes (Mcgeeks sister, Abbys stocker, Mallards meatpuzzle.) In some series thos sidestories don't work, but I think that with this they do...

I just wait to see what happens to DiNozzo now after he denied his feelings to Jeanne. (Yes, I am currently in 5th season, can't wait to catch up) I must believe that there is something happening to him, I really need him to get something.

Actually, now that I am writing this, I remembered one thing. Gibbs is really hard boss, but when you need it, he would be there and he would understand. I think that Harmon has really found something in his character, That Gunny is just unbelieveable...
                            Get ready

Comment

Originally posted by Tape View Post
                              Isn't here anyone who thinks that Ziva is hot?
                              I had a dream where I had sex with Cote de Pablo (the actress who plays Ziva) in my bathroom. So apparently my subconscious says yes...

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Working...
                              X