Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather be involved with your Television Project

So just for fun, if you had a tv series that might possibly get off the ground, which of these "Midases" of television would you want involved in the project?

1. JJ Abrams
    2. Joss Whedon
    3. Seth Macfarlane
    4. Tina Fey
    5. Other
    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
    Jack: Trustworthy.

Re: Who would you rather be involved with your Television Project

Can I have a multipack of JJ Abrams, Joss Whedon, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Josh Schwartz, Ronald D. Moore, Russel T. Davies, and Bryan Fuller? Please?

I think the world would implode of sheer awesome if that were the case. No really, my mind is already blowing just thinking about the possibility.

If not, then Damon Lindelof. I love JJ, but really, Damon deserves more credit for Lost than he does. I still think JJ is a motherf*cking genius. But it's my ultimate screenwriting goal in life to work for or alongside Damon on a project.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

I would want it to last for more than one season and also not be terrible, so Whedon is out.

I suspect that Macfarlane knows (and loves) how his own colon tastes, and he could never "be involved" in a show so much as "take it over and turn it into a platform for showing off his singing voice."

Tina Fey has proven that she can gain critical darling status in the wake of a timely political impersonation, but I'm unconvinced she would actually bring much of anything to the production of a new show.

So I guess I'd have to go with JJ Abrams. He strikes me as someone who will have pull and add to the show without completely taking over and making it all his.

Comment

Whedon and Minear combo, please. Both extremely smart and talented writers who have provided so much TV goodness it's insane!

Comment

5. Alan Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
            5. Alan Sorkin
            Otherwise known as the long lost brother of TV Genius Aaron Sorkin.

I'd take JJ (or the Lost ganag) for drama. For comedy, I'd go with (other) Larry David.

Comment

Aaron Sorkin, definitely. Even if it bombed and got cancelled I know I'd enjoy watching the six episodes we managed to put out over, and over.
              Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

whoops...

Comment

Kurt Sutter.
                  The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Abrams for sheezy!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Abrams. His shows don't get canceled.
                      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Shawn Ryan.

Matt Weiner.
                        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

JJ Abrams, Damon Lindelof and BRIAN K VAUGHN!! And how about Roberto Orci while we're dreaming?

Comment

Schwartz, Abrams and (if he's coming back) Stephen J. Cannell.

BTW, "Dollhouse" is closed.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...91111664076498
                            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                              Schwartz, Abrams and (if he's coming back) Stephen J. Cannell.

BTW, "Dollhouse" is closed.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...91111664076498
                              Not surprising. When is Whedon going to stop pitching to FOX? Does he have a contract with them or something?
                              Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                              Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X