Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Met Your Mother

I love this show. Slapsgiving tonight! It's one of the best sitcoms out there -- one of my favorites.

But if you haven't watched it, it seems from the name that it's the typical 3 camera crap and it's one of the most inventive shows I've seen.

And living in NYC and being 31, really helps. It's really talking to my generation.

Re: How I Met Your Mother

Slapsgiving has to be their best episode ever. ROFL Love that the show is finding an audience now. It's some of the best writing on TV.

Comment

Oh my goodness...

Tonight's episode is titled "Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap." This will be BRILLIANT!!!

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Neil Patrick Harris is brilliant in this. This show is always consistent, smart and funny. Although I'm sick of Alyson Hannigan's character Lily. Her "mother" like and do gooder character has gotten hell lame...

Also, the show uses too many "but that story comes later" gimmicks... it will probably get cut before it gets anywhere.

Still, its one of the best comedy shows on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Xnod View Post
          ...Although I'm sick of Alyson Hannigan's character Lily. Her "mother" like and do gooder character has gotten hell lame...
          I agree. She's gotten pretty boring since band camp.

Midnite

Comment

Well, it's finally over. Another long running sitcom finished with a heartfelt finale.

SPOILERS

Well done to the people that guessed that the mother must be dead hence why he was telling the story to the kids.

My favorite seasons were always the first few because I always felt the love story between Ted and Robin were wonderfully done. He stole the blue French horn for her. He made it rain for her. Moments between the two throughout the seasons always made me feel like they belonged together -- even though we knew she wasn't the mother -- and even when she was with Barney. And this was always a feeling that nagged me throughout the later seasons.

The real mother was coming in too late in the game, so to me a love story between her and Ted wasn't going to feel as well earned. We weren't going to know and embrace her as much as Robin -- and we weren't going to see Ted go through the emotional wringer with her like has done with Robin. So, to me, seeing Ted and Robin finally together with their futures uncertain, it felt right.

Hats off to the writers for choosing this ending. It was definitely the right one in my books and I was happy with it.

There are still a whole bunch of logical issues -- like where did Bob Saget's voice over go?

Comment

As people have probably read a lot online, the last episode was a hit/miss - more of a miss for the larger percentage of the shows viewers, it seems.

My wife and I fall way over the line of those let down by the ending - we saw it coming, but felt very cheeted. Oh well. Hope New Girl keeps on going so I can stay excited about sitcoms!
              www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
              http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Loved the finale just wished that had been the ninth season instead of what we got.

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
                  Well, it's finally over. Another long running sitcom finished with a heartfelt finale.

SPOILERS

Well done to the people that guessed that the mother must be dead hence why he was telling the story to the kids.

My favorite seasons were always the first few because I always felt the love story between Ted and Robin were wonderfully done. He stole the blue French horn for her. He made it rain for her. Moments between the two throughout the seasons always made me feel like they belonged together -- even though we knew she wasn't the mother -- and even when she was with Barney. And this was always a feeling that nagged me throughout the later seasons.

The real mother was coming in too late in the game, so to me a love story between her and Ted wasn't going to feel as well earned. We weren't going to know and embrace her as much as Robin -- and we weren't going to see Ted go through the emotional wringer with her like has done with Robin. So, to me, seeing Ted and Robin finally together with their futures uncertain, it felt right.

Hats off to the writers for choosing this ending. It was definitely the right one in my books and I was happy with it.

There are still a whole bunch of logical issues -- like where did Bob Saget's voice over go?
                  Agree on the Barney and Robin relationship.

I thought the show was really pretty solid in seasons 1-5 but something happened in 6. My last "I have to DVR this episode" episode in the series is The Mermaid Theory. I don't know exactly what happened during that season other than sitcom burnout. For me, they reached a critical mass of character-related humor and started into going tone overboard pushing it to 11. They took the Slap Bet and heightened it like mad. The tone was off. Also, they bought into the idea of seriousness e.g. False Positive and Last Words. While I watched, I didn't laugh as much. And finally I didn't watch as much.

Nothing took its place, though.

9 seasons though is impressive given the state of network TV.

I'll miss what they did in seasons 1-6. And I'll watch the series finale, but it will be like getting together with an ex-girlfriend. All the good times were in the past, and I'll realize why we broke up and then it will be over.
                  #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
                  X