Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leno is back

Since no one else started this thread, I will. Out of curiosity, I watched last night (his first night back). Same old Leno -- just like the old show. I got bored with Jamie Foxx (I find him pretty arrogant and over-the-top obnoxious), so I switched over to Letterman and enjoyed his interview with Bill Murray. I may also watch Leno tonight, not because I'm a Leno fan, but because I want to see Sarah Palin, Shaun White and Adam Lambert. To me, it's more about the guests than the host.

Leno crushed Letterman first night back. Obviously, it was out of curiosity. But what will happen in two or three weeks? Will Leno continue to beat Letterman, proving that he does own that late night demographic? And what will happen if Conan gets the slot on Fox? Stay tuned.

Re: Leno is back

I tuned in by accident looking for ice dancing, and what I found was far more terrifying.

Comment

S.O.S.

Same Old Sh1t.

Leno is not funny.
      Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

The end result of this is that they managed to replace Conan O'Brien with Jimmy Fallon. Brilliant.

And now, when Jay Leno does retire, who have they got to replace him?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
          The end result of this is that they managed to replace Conan O'Brien with Jimmy Fallon. Brilliant.

Conan O'brien....

but here's the kicker. He'll be on Fox.

Comment

Re: Leno is back?

Por que?

I'm always right.

Comment

I can't wait to see the ratings after this first week.

Comment

Same old Leno is right. Last night he had Sarah Palin on. Threw her all softballs. No probing questions regarding specific policies -- nor any mention of Obama. And when she said the Tea Party is a great movement of both Democrats and Republicans, he didn't even follow-up by asking her to name a single Democrat who is involved or who has endorsed it. That, to me, would have been a logical follow-up.

Meanwhile, I flipped over to Letterman, who had Mitt Romney on. Letterman asked intelligent, probing questions about specific policies (like healthcare). And good follow-ups. Letterman can be a decent journalist when need be. As for Leno, why have politicians (or so-called politicians like Palin) unless it's merely for ratings? Of course, that was the case with Palin. Again, same old Leno.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                  Conan O'brien....

but here's the kicker. He'll be on Fox.
                  How true.
                  "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Forget that. If Letterman retires, the replacement's going to own late-night and make Leno his prison bottom.
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Ferguson owns all. >.< I love the guy.
                      I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        x2.
                        I'm always right.

Comment

The KeenGuy hit the nail right on the head! Fallon as a host makes Larry King seem like he deserves a Comedy Central special.

Comment

Okay, so it's only been a week and already Letterman has retaken the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              John Stewart owns all. Even though I guess it's not technically a late-night show, The Daily Show is the best comedy show on late night.

Stewart is the most informed host and gives, by far, the best interviews.
                              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Working...
                              X