Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V season finale

anyone still watch this? Found the season finale confusing- the whole thing with Jack giving Chad the note that ended up revealing the 5th column. WTF was in the note? did I miss something?

MT
    If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Re: V season finale

Yeah...

SPOILERS

If I'm remembering right, it wasn't the note itself that gave them away, but rather the message Joshua (and other dude) sent out after being offered the note. Anna was tracking all information, after Chad had tipped her off, hoping the 5th column aboard the ship would give themselves away, and they did.
    twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Right, but Chad offered the note to Joshua and said it was from his friends from below. Joshua denied knowing anyone from below. That part was kind of confusing, no? Jack thought his note was going to be harmless.

overall, the show's got more plot holes than swiss cheese, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine...as is (was) flashforward.

Originally posted by -XL- View Post
      Yeah...

SPOILERS

If I'm remembering right, it wasn't the note itself that gave them away, but rather the message Joshua (and other dude) sent out after being offered the note. Anna was tracking all information, after Chad had tipped her off, hoping the 5th column aboard the ship would give themselves away, and they did.

Comment

I don't understand ANYTHING that has happened on this version of V. Love the original as I mentioned before.

But as far as I can tell... 10 seconds into the aliens coming down, Elizabeth Mitchell didn't trust them. And then 1 minute later, the aliens tried to kill them and her partner betrayed her. So I never have cared about any of these characters... in fact I hate many of them.

Only one I sort of like is the priest because I loved him in the 4400 and feel he's at least trying to act. Joel is his name!

As the show goes, it's terrible. It's missing the crucial element. Flashfoward I thought had terrible writing and most of the characters stink too -- but I actually cared a little about what happens.

In V I hate everyone and want them all to die.

This clip from the original is better than anything I've seen -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObQf...eature=related

You got to build suspense. And in TV you have time to do that.

Comment

MORE SPOILERS

Originally posted by mtoomey View Post
          Right, but Chad offered the note to Joshua and said it was from his friends from below. Joshua denied knowing anyone from below. That part was kind of confusing, no? Jack thought his note was going to be harmless.
          Honestly, it did feel a little "easy" but didn't really confuse me. Chad offered Joshua the note (a fake out, as Jack had asked him to leave it in the medical bay so he/Anna assumed it was meant for one of the V's working in there). Joshua was suspicious (because Chad was Anna's b!tch boy) so didn't take it. Other Medical Bay Dude sent word out to the other 5th members on the ships (in case Chad/Anna tried the same tactic on them) but Anna was monitoring communications in case of that event. The letter itself was harmless (the contents of it) but Anna used it as a trap in the hope that it would lure out the 5th column aboard the ship (who would either accept the letter, giving themselves away, or as was the case, panic and try to send a warning to the rest).

Bad character writing? Definitely. Plot hole? Not so much.

...it's a guilty pleasure of mine...as is (was) flashforward.
          I hear that. Not the biggest fan of either, but as guilty pleasures go, they're both pretty watchable.
          twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

thanks XL...guess I was just fooled by those damn tricky visitors!

MT

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              I don't understand ANYTHING that has happened on this version of V. Love the original as I mentioned before.

But as far as I can tell... 10 seconds into the aliens coming down, Elizabeth Mitchell didn't trust them. And then 1 minute later, the aliens tried to kill them and her partner betrayed her. So I never have cared about any of these characters... in fact I hate many of them.

Only one I sort of like is the priest because I loved him in the 4400 and feel he's at least trying to act. Joel is his name!

As the show goes, it's terrible. It's missing the crucial element. Flashfoward I thought had terrible writing and most of the characters stink too -- but I actually cared a little about what happens.

In V I hate everyone and want them all to die.

This clip from the original is better than anything I've seen -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObQf...eature=related

You got to build suspense. And in TV you have time to do that.
              In the age of reality TV (ugh!), it's kinda of harm to do that Bono. I mean, most couch potatoes don't want to go through the three-act deal, making storytelling an endangered species. Don't get started on the morons who complained about the third season of "Chuck" (glad that show has a fourth run).
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
              X