No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $#!@ my dad says

xxgot that part right.
    Last edited by Writerperson12; 04-25-2023, 06:15 PM.

Re: $#!@ my dad says

Let's not forget that the Twitter account isn't even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Recreant View Post
      Let's not forget that the Twitter account isn't even funny.
      I think the success and attention it got speaks for itself. I didn't find it amazing myself, but it's amusing.

Comment

Some of those early tweets are pretty great. We may be used to the shtick by now, but the first few weeks were hilarious, IMO.

Comment

Yeah, it certainly has done well somehow. It's the Paul Blart of Twitter accounts.

Comment

Honestly, it looks no better or worse than any other generic, multi-camera comedy that has been / will be on network TV....

Comment

I read the script a while back, and I must say that it was pretty damn funny. I think CBS will have another hit on its hands.

And the proper notation for the show is $#*! My Dad Says.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                I read the script a while back, and I must say that it was pretty damn funny. I think CBS will have another hit on its hands.

Can you send it to me?

Comment

Sh!t my dad says is also a book which is hysterical, but this show looks horrible. Shatner is the worst possible casting choice for this. ugh.

MT
                  If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                    Can you send it to me?
                    Sorry man, no can do. I ran into some trouble when I shared a script with a couple people a few months back and word got back to a prodco. The prodco didn't know who "leaked" the script for public consumption, but it still pissed them off enormously. Heads were going to roll, apparently. As a result, aside from maybe five close friends, I don't share anything with anyone. At all. Can't risk f*cking myself by doing so.

I know it's around somewhere. You'll just have to go hunting for it. Last year people on the zap2it TV forums were discussing all the major new scripts, so there might be a thread like that this year as well.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                      I'm so glad you caught that. I was concerned that grevious mistake would take away from the substance of the discussion.

Last edited by Optimus; 08-01-2010, 12:29 AM.
                      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Halpern went to my school. Funny how he broke in through Twitter after failing the conventional route.

But, yeah, I don't think Shatner's right for this. Too self-aware.
                        Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Ok. So. Like I said in the original post, CBS hated the pilot and decided to recast the main son lead. So they put together a new teaser for the show that follows the same basic format of the original teaser, only with the new actor. And you know what? It's the same ****ing thing. These actors are terrible mirror images of each other. You think when you'd recast a lead you'd go for someone even SLIGHTLY different, but they didn't. Or maybe they did, but the director pulled the exact same canned performance out of the new guy.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/my_dad_...hVqLuEaJEEcWSn

There is absolutely, positively no way this show doesn't suck. If you can't find one laugh for a trailer, pretty bad sign.

Comment

Thanks for posting that link. Yeah, the lead is really bland and unfunny and Shatner is horribly miscast. This won't make it a full season.
                            Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Yeah, the Shat simply doesn't have it. He doesn't have the grumpy demeanor, he doesn't have the looks, and he reads each line like a stand-up comic setting up a joke. And in a friendly way. And he's handicapped with network-TV friendly vulgarity, where he really needs HBO-style vulgarity. Though I doubt he could get the performance anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X