Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikita

Ugh. What a piece of garbage. Too bad on account Maggie Q is smokin' hot. But I'm not prepared to waste 45 minutes a week on a pretty actress stuck in a crap show....

Re: Nikita

Well, it held my interest enough for me to give it another week. But although the stakes are supposed to be really high, they're actually pretty low on account of spoilery things to do with the guy who's chasing Nikita. That's going to be an ongoing problem.
    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Was Shane West always this bad or just a bad fit?
      "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

The twist at the end was the only saving grace... But this also comes right back to what Raven said:

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
        But although the stakes are supposed to be really high, they're actually pretty low on account of spoilery things to do with the guy who's chasing Nikita. That's going to be an ongoing problem.
        Multiply this by two characters... And possibly a third (the computer guy)? Nikita isn't a loner like Jason Bourne; She's building her own army and that reduces the threat of the agency substantially.

What would be a truly unique show would be if they reversed the premise and had Nikita training a protege (Alex) to take down the agency, IMO.

Also, does anybody out there really feel this show is a good fit for the teen girl-centric network, The CW?
        Last edited by WritersBlock2010; 09-11-2010, 04:08 PM.
        Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

I nodded off a few times and this was at the Comic Con, the easiest audience ever. It was just really dull.

Maggie Q was a lot hotter in the HK movies. She looked an anorexic boy in that bikini.
          Nobody's perfect.

Comment

I never realized this is the same woman who played the lead in "King of Fighters." (recent video game movie)

Let's just say "King of Fighters" makes the first Street Fighter movie look like Crouching Tiger.

Comment

Wait...there was a twist at the end? Most of it bored me and tuned out before the last 5 minutes.

What did I miss?

(I know it was just the pilot but the pilot for Cover Affairs was much better)
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
                Wait...there was a twist at the end? Most of it bored me and tuned out before the last 5 minutes.

What did I miss?

(I know it was just the pilot but the pilot for Cover Affairs was much better)
                Alex is the mole.

Comment

Oh thanks for the spoiler warning!

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                    drink some bleach. it'll wipe out that memory - clean.

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                      My bad.

Comment

Don't worry, no-one's a good thing to say about this show yet anyway...

Comment

The old USA Nikita show was so terrible, but I loved every second of it, and for that reason alone I am willing to see where this goes because it looks like this is taking characters from the show and the film and combining them. That said, the old Berkoff is way more likeable than the new Berkoff. But the new Michael is a lot less weepy than the old Michael.
                          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Decent, and I like the twist. I don't know if it's meant for the network, if the show has more potential than just being a "girl kick butt" show, and it looks like it might.
                            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
                              The twist at the end was the only saving grace... But this also comes right back to what Raven said:

Multiply this by two characters... And possibly a third (the computer guy)? Nikita isn't a loner like Jason Bourne; She's building her own army and that reduces the threat of the agency substantially.

What would be a truly unique show would be if they reversed the premise and had Nikita training a protege (Alex) to take down the agency, IMO.

Also, does anybody out there really feel this show is a good fit for the teen girl-centric network, The CW?
                              Alex was already trained by Nikita to inflitrate Division (allowing her to get caught during the pharameutical drug heist).

And yes, this is definitely NOT for the CW, if it's going to have a twist like that (TNT or FX, maybe).
                              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
                              X