No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dexter

Originally posted by stuy View Post
    Michael C. Hall may have earned a Golden Globe nomination this morning, but the Dexter star may not have much reason to celebrate: he and Jennifer Carpenter, his costar and real-life wife of two years, have decided to divorce, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Of course rumors often hold little credibility...but rumors have been circulating that Michael actually had an affair with Julia Stiles. If true, the man certainly likes developing chemistry with his co-stars. Next target: La Guerta.

Comment

really bad move on Dexter's part if he's going to end up paying alimony because of creeping with Julia Stiles....now if it had been the woman who played his wife Rita, that'd be understandable.

either way, i hope the show gets a much better featured actor for next season. Dexter needs someone on par with the last several main villains. I can't figure out if i think the ice cream truck killer was the better match or last season's villain...after all he did get the last laugh on Dex after he was killed.
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

What I didn't understand is if Deb did call it in how did they not find Debs slug from when she fired her gun. As well would they not have processed the car Dexter jacked and found his blood in it from the accident? He was bleeding when he got out.

Last, did I miss when Dexter took the knife? No way he was hiding it somewhere on his body and got thrown down a flight of stairs without it doing some major damage.
        I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Originally posted by stuy View Post
          What I didn't understand is if Deb did call it in how did they not find Debs slug from when she fired her gun. As well would they not have processed the car Dexter jacked and found his blood in it from the accident? He was bleeding when he got out.

Last, did I miss when Dexter took the knife? No way he was hiding it somewhere on his body and got thrown down a flight of stairs without it doing some major damage.
          Oh, no doubt. There were a ton of plot holes. In addition the whole bullet thing, there's also the little problem of the stolen car that Dexter smashed...when they find that, that would raise some questions.

Even funnier is at the party La Guerta saying Deb "solved" the case. Ummm...well, everyone else thinks Jordan Chase is missing (they don't know if he's dead or alive since Dexter/Lumen dumped the body) so with him unaccounted for, the case certainly isn't closed. Moreover, without him actually being accounted for, coming to the conclusion that he's guilty is rather flimsy. All Deb proved was that he owned a property where some of the barrel girl murders took place...that doesn't mean he was the one who killed them there.

Not to mention in sub-plotville, one of the Fuentes Brothers is still on the loose.

Comment

I just got caught up last night. Yeah, the whole season was pretty weak. Deb letting them go and Dexter letting Quinn go were the biggest copouts.

Julia Stiles was lackluster as Lumen. Jordan Chase seemed like a regurgitation of the psychiatrist Dexter killed in season 1. I found Peter Weller's corrupt cop more interesting than both of them.
            Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post

Not to mention in sub-plotville, one of the Fuentes Brothers is still on the loose.
              Oh that's right. Some really bad writing this year.
              I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Finally caught up and just finished watching the final episode. I enjoyed the season up until this last episode which was a steaming pile of $#!+. As soon as I saw Deb with her gun pointed at that conveniently opaque enough sheet of plastic I started shaking my head saying "please no, don't do this to me!" and yup, they screwed me. I also hated Lumen just deciding to leave at the end. Would have much preferred she get the taste for killing beyond her little mission and join Dexter in season 6 as a killing team. But, of course that can't happen cause this show has no balls and likes to wrap things up at the end in a pretty little bow.

They better make up for all this crap next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Recreant View Post
                  They better make up for all this crap next season.
                  they might.
                  it's nearly impossible for them or any show to peak every single season. who could expect that after the john lithgow year?

and yeah, i can't imagine debs just letting them go without a looksee. i can't imagine that she could recognize her brother's form behind that shower curtain. and maybe... just maybe she did.

Comment

Hundred bucks says they won't dwell on any of the weak stuff that happened this season. I've forgotten more than half of it a couple weeks after season ended.
                    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                    X