X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law and Order CELEBRITY

i mean, LA.

anyone check it out?
    i groan at the thought of blending TMZ material with this show.
    i hate that celebrity crap.

pass.

Re: law and order CELEBRITY

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
    i mean, LA.

anyone check it out?

pass.
    Agreed. Even though I'm a huge Terence Howard fan. I'm just tired of L.A. and NYC in film and TV period. Which is why I avoid using them as the setting in my scripts.

It's just so cliche now. Somebody in South Dakota knows everything there is to know about L.A. and they've probably never stepped foot outside of their 500-resident town.

One of the things that made shows like The Wire and the Sopranos successful is that it not only introduced us to previously unknown stars, but it also introduced us to previously untapped locales (Baltimore, suburban Jersey respectively) and eventually the locales were the TRUE stars of the show. So no matter who got "dropped" on the Wire or who got "wacked" on the Sopranos -- it was still good because the "world" itself was still fresh and new to us.

And yeah, Baltimore and Jersey have been featured on TV and movies before but not to the extent where they've been overdone.

How 'bout Law & Order Dallas? Memphis? Phoenix? D.C.? New Orleans? These cities have comparable and some even WORSE crime rates per capita than L.A. and NY plus they have their own unique voice and culture to add flavor to each episode.

And I don't wanna hear any crap about it being cheaper to film in those places cause we all know that's crap. For example, DETROIT 187 is shot primarily in ATLANTA, GA of all places and they only shoot in Detroit to include landmarks for credibility.
    "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
    - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

they barely used terrence howard in the pilot episode.
      i like skeet ulrich but he's so generic. the bald guy was much more interesting.

Comment

they barely used terrence howard in the pilot episode.
        i like skeet ulrich but he's so generic. the bald guy was much more interesting.

Corey Stroll's the guy. Other than Alfred Molina, this show's nothing to gush over. They should have gave the original series a better swansong.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Re: Law and Order CELEBRITY

i mean, LA.

anyone check it out?

pass.
          Make it two! Seemed like they took L&O, CSI, and Entourage and threw them in a pot. Maybe they could have tried Vegas

Comment

I'd rather sleep an extra hour than waste my time with this re-hash.

Comment

Ugh...this show sucks. Ulrich and Stroll have zero chemistry together. In fact, they suck the life out of every scene they're in. And, it's also hard for me to imagine that Stroll's character is younger than Ulrich's consider that Stroll is bald and has that pedophile mustache.
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Um, watch it with the moustache stuff.

I thought the bald guy was a million times better than Skeet, and I hope Molina is all about politics and stabs everyone in the back.

Show also needs the opening VO - done by the Moviefone guy.

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

The Shield took place in Los Angeles but it never even bothered with all that celebrity **** because it focused on a completely different side of the city. If we're going to have another cop show, the least they can do is find another angle.
                  Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

The episode titles are either districts or aspects of Los Angeles, and they say they are going to show every part of the city over the series.

I can't wait for NoHo Arts District! Crime in community theater!

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                      The episode titles are either districts or aspects of Los Angeles, and they say they are going to show every part of the city over the series.

- Bill
                      Hey man, in my neck of NoHo there's a whole lot of crime. They could probably do a lot with dogfighting up here, and three weeks ago there was a fatal shooting three blocks over.

This is probably going to affect your decision to come to my next party now, isn't it?
                      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

look what i stumbled onto on the BBCAmerica channel
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPPmP4YnVdE

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                          Hey man, in my neck of NoHo there's a whole lot of crime. They could probably do a lot with dogfighting up here, and three weeks ago there was a fatal shooting three blocks over.

This is probably going to affect your decision to come to my next party now, isn't it?
                          I live on the mean streets of Valley Glen. ...okay, officially Van Nuys. NoHo is uptown to me!

Oh! I see this still shows I live in Studio City. I'm curious about what they'll do there!
                          Last edited by mswriterj; 10-04-2010, 10:01 AM. Reason: Remembered something!

Comment

look what i stumbled onto on the BBCAmerica channel
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPPmP4YnVdE
                            Haha, Jamie Bamber is one of the detectives? I can't wait to watch him slap the 'cuffs on some Cylons.
                            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post

- Bill
                              or dispatch passes on: complainant states the art gallery owner served him a bad vintage at his showing and he wants to press charges

Comment

Working...
                              X