Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Watch PSYCHOVILLE!!!!!!!

Okay... things are about to get Anglo-centric up'n'here! Most of you non-Brits won't know what it is, but I suggest checking it out!

It's absolute genius. In fact there are some miss moments, but when it hits, it's some of the best writing ever on TV!!!

The series revolves around five different characters from different parts of England: David Sowerbutts (played by Pemberton), a serial killer-obsessed man-child who still lives with his mother Maureen (Shearsmith); Mr. Jelly (Shearsmith), an embittered one-handed children's entertainer; Oscar Lomax (Pemberton), a blind millionaire who collects stuffed toy animals; Joy Aston (French), a midwife who treats a practice doll as if it is her real child; and Robert Greenspan (Tompkins), a panto dwarf in love with his Snow White who believes he has the power of telekinesis. All five are connected by a mysterious blackmailer who has sent them a letter each with the message "I know what you did".

It's an aquired taste, but those that get the taste it's bitter, but morish. Just to put things into perspective, TV these days tends to bore me. I've rarely ever gone out of my way to watch programmes (with the exception of Dragons Den and Apprentice). This is the only show in the last 5 years I've gone out of my way to catch.

It's Genius and to the extent it deserved a post on DD. Go watch it. wait ofr it on BBC America. Buy the DVD. Hell, watch it online if you can (and it's legal).

You won't be dissappointed.

Re: Go Watch PSYCHOVILLE!!!!!!!

+1!

Comment

This sounds...excellent.

Comment

I saw the first episode -- Monty Python meets Prime Suspect, right?

It is a satire of British mysteries, no?

Comment

Working...
        X