Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Renews 'Wilfred' & 'Louie' & 'Sunny'

Good stuff. You've got to hand it to 'em. This is how television should be made.
    "FX president John Landgraf pointed out that Sunny helped pioneer a low-cost / high-creative-freedom business model that it's used for its other comedies as well... Landgraf says he looked to see if the Sunny team was getting burned out, but noted this upcoming season has the group "trying different stories on Sunny that seem to be working.-

Low-cost / high-creative-freedom sounds like a fair deal to me.
    "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
    - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Re: FX Renews 'Wilfred' & 'Louie' & 'Sunny'

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
    Good stuff. You've got to hand it to 'em. This is how television should be made.
    "FX president John Landgraf pointed out that Sunny helped pioneer a low-cost / high-creative-freedom business model that it’s used for its other comedies as well… Landgraf says he looked to see if the Sunny team was getting burned out, but noted this upcoming season has the group “trying different stories on Sunny that seem to be working.”

Low-cost / high-creative-freedom sounds like a fair deal to me.

HOLY SH*T! I thought this year was the last for "Sunny". I might have to write a spec!

Oh, yeah. Here's the link (how dare you forgot, ld): http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040996?refCatId=14
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Nope, 3-year $50MM deal. Pretty insane considering they started by shooting a $200 dollar pilot a few years ago.

Comment

FX is quite impressive. Besides these shows, I also really enjoy "The League" and, of course, "Archer." Really like they niche they've built.
        Twitter: @jboffer

Comment

Keen to see what the American version of Wilfred looks like. It's been a cult hit here (the Melbourne version) for a few years now. Came out of a Trop Fest short script that was developed into a pilot.

I know they kept Jason Gann, but is it anything like the original series?
          sigpic

Website
          Tweets
          Book

Comment

Nic, it's not too bad. The US version of Kath & Kim was worse. Way worse.

I've only seen one epsiode of the US Wilfred and the one I did see felt a little flat, but I can't give you a fair review overall as I haven't seen the others so they might be better.
            But the new version has that gloss about it, that look and feel type gloss - aesthetically the show worked excellently on a much lower budget. I loved how warm and fuzzy the original was at times too. But with this, I didn't get it. And the humour doesn't really hit the mark like the original does.

Although I never really got the humour every time as I'm not an advocate of smoking weed, even if you are a dog that thinks it's a man.

Comment

Working...
            X