"Sunny" is back, bitches!!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

    Yet Rob's gained weight and looks like Grizzy Adams, I'm up for it. Premiere is Thursday.

    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...unny/index.php
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

    "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

  • #2
    Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

    Loving the commercials for it. What a fun show.
    "There's one way to guarantee something won't be in the movie: put it in the screenplay."
    -Dan O'Bannon

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

      These guys really are a true Hollywood success story. Just some schmucks who made a funny show with a fresh perspective and now they've got a $50MM deal.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

        Don't forget to thank the execs who saw the potential for the show even though it was risky and unique. We need more execs who are willing to take chances, not play the same safe bets that we see every year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

          Originally posted by Hilario113 View Post
          These guys really are a true Hollywood success story. Just some schmucks who made a funny show with a fresh perspective and now they've got a $50MM deal.

          How true. Rob McElhenney (Mac), Glenn Howerton (Dennis) and Charlie Day (Charlie) were just working actors who hated seeing TV shows that didn't appeal to them (a lot of wannabe TV writers should take note).

          So they create a Web-based pilot. FX picks it up. The creators and producers create a more polished pilot, hired fellow thesp Kaitlin Olson (Rob married her and they have a boy) and they got a show. It would have axed after the first season, but Danny Devito, clued in by one of his kids, joined the cast and surprisingly adds to the madness. I love this show.
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

          "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

            Love the show.

            One of my favorite shows is when The Gang does a show for The Troops and stages a pro wrestling show.

            Dennis and Mac's discription of a Classic Hulk Hogan "Hulk up" moment is priceless.
            I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

            Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

            http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

              Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
              How true. Rob McElhenney (Mac), Glenn Howerton (Dennis) and Charlie Day (Charlie) were just working actors who hated seeing TV shows that didn't appeal to them (a lot of wannabe TV writers should take note).

              So they create a Web-based pilot. FX picks it up. The creators and producers create a more polished pilot, hired fellow thesp Kaitlin Olson (Rob married her and they have a boy) and they got a show. It would have axed after the first season, but Danny Devito, clued in by one of his kids, joined the cast and surprisingly adds to the madness. I love this show.
              That's also how Workaholics came about, which is going into it's second season I might add.

              New trend in T.V. comedies?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                How true. Rob McElhenney (Mac), Glenn Howerton (Dennis) and Charlie Day (Charlie) were just working actors who hated seeing TV shows that didn't appeal to them (a lot of wannabe TV writers should take note).

                So they create a Web-based pilot. FX picks it up. The creators and producers create a more polished pilot, hired fellow thesp Kaitlin Olson (Rob married her and they have a boy) and they got a show. It would have axed after the first season, but Danny Devito, clued in by one of his kids, joined the cast and surprisingly adds to the madness. I love this show.
                I actually don't like Danny DeVito in the show. They gave him a few quirks like the gun thing but overall he's too similar to Charlie's character.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                  Originally posted by Madbandit View Post

                  So they create a Web-based pilot. FX picks it up.
                  My understanding is that they grabbed a digital camera and shot a pilot (the original Charlie's got cancer scene is on the first season DVD). Then they showed the DVD or tape to their manager (they were already repped as actors), who showed it to an agent, who got it to buyers and FX was one of the offers.

                  This is a pretty cool behind the scenes interview:

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmQT5...eature=related

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                    Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                    My understanding is that they grabbed a digital camera and shot a pilot (the original Charlie's got cancer scene is on the first season DVD). Then they showed the DVD or tape to their manager (they were already repped as actors), who showed it to an agent, who got it to buyers and FX was one of the offers.

                    This is a pretty cool behind the scenes interview:

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmQT5...eature=related

                    You're right.
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

                    "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                      Originally posted by Archduke View Post
                      That's also how Workaholics came about, which is going into it's second season I might add.

                      New trend in T.V. comedies?
                      Workaholics is terribly overwritten, IMO, and falls flat when it comes to understanding why putrid humor works.

                      Really looking forward to Sunny, tho.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                        Loved the season opener!

                        "You want some of this insulin?"

                        "No, I just want crack."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                          Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                          Loved the season opener!

                          "You want some of this insulin?"

                          "No, I just want crack."

                          That was priceless.
                          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

                          "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                            Great start. My favorite part was definitely the blood vomiting.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: "Sunny" is back, bitches!!

                              Originally posted by jboffer View Post
                              Great start. My favorite part was definitely the blood vomiting.

                              I was freaking out when that happened. I also loved the part when Dee Dee and the crack whore were giving the gay salesman a hard time. The topper was when the crack whore died when Frank proposed to her, and the gang left her body in the hallway. What a show!
                              Last edited by Madbandit; 09-18-2011, 01:50 PM.
                              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

                              "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X