No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Walking Dead premiere tonight

Originally posted by Filmfelinemeowmeow View Post
    According to the comics, [...] are the last survivors so...
    [SPOILER]
    Nope, that was Sophia. The show isn't really following the comics too faithfully...Shane is already dead by this point, for example. As for the comics, I made it up to #75 so Kirkman must've had himself another bloodbath. Unless he was whacking characters left and right over fifteen issues.
    [/SPOILER]
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

no spoiler. You can't spoil this show, it's written so well.
      It has not really followed the comics at all and even Daryl is not new so no worries. You can also google the comics if you're a huge fan and I bet that they would not be so stupid or predictable as to follow the comics down to a T, they can't... so don't worry about spoilers, go take a peak at the comics just for fun, go see Zuzu eat her baby

Comment

Sheize, I just played back the eppy where Sophia got lost and I gotta say the walker girl looks a looooohot like her ;(

Comment

Sheize, I just played back the eppy where Sophia got lost and I gotta say the walker girl looks a looooohot like her ;(
          The walker girl at the end IS Sophia. There was not meant to be any doubt or uncertainty about it.

Comment

I gotta cop, it never crossed my mind that she might be in the barn. Although dramatically it shoulda been obvious. But when the shooting stopped and there was a moan from the darkness, it was sorta like that wedding ring moment in The Sixth Sense, and "Uh, oh..."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              The walker girl at the end IS Sophia. There was not meant to be any doubt or uncertainty about it.
              Yep.

It didn't occur to me she might be in the barn because it seemed obvious the old man would tell them she was in there. He must've known they were looking for her after all that time together on the ranch. I'd call this a writerly cheat. I wouldn't use it too liberally though

Comment

Not so much Hershell but Maggie or Glen , hello?
                There's a little girl in our barn could it be the girl you're looking for?
                And Glen: **** yeah, man that's her! that's exactly what she was wearing.
                DUH
                I really want to see how they explain this one. Clearly, Maggie or Glenn or really anyone feeding the damned things would have said - hello, we have a walker girl in there, could this be her?

I get that Hershell didn't even want to bring light to the walkers in the barn, but when they found out, for crying out loud, he wanted them off his land anyway, and the only thing keeping them there after Karl got better was missing Sophia, so hello? Tell them the girl is dead. Tell them you saw her, even if you don't say she's in your barn. She's a young girl with a blue t shirt on blah blah blah she's dead.

There must be a reason why NO ONE who knew said anything.
                This made me think it may not be Sophia, but now that I've looked back at previous eppys I'm thinking WTF who knew and why did they not say anything?
                Then again...why doesn't Rick say, hey dude I know you boinked my wife, I forgive you, just an FYI

Damn Daryl is cute!

Comment

Damn that was a good finale. I totally didn't see it coming, which is awesome. Kudos to whoever had the balls to put that on paper.
                  Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

There must be a reason why NO ONE who knew said anything.
                    I dunno...maybe the suspicion that Rick's crew might do exactly what they ended up doing?

As far as who knew...Herschel probably knew, but was waiting for them to just give up and leave. Maggie probably stayed away from the barn, and I doubt that the woman who was feeding the zombies was doing nose counts. Especially since some were missing noses.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Didn't Hershal mention Otis was the one who would catch the walkers and put them in the barn? With Otis dead noone knew.
                      I liked this episode but was hoping they would find her alive. She didn't have much of a part so now I'm wondering if the black dude is next?

Ewtaylor

Comment

Originally posted by ewtaylor View Post
                        She didn't have much of a part so now I'm wondering if the black dude is next?
                        She didn't get much screen time over the season, but the director just handed her the keys to completely own the most pivotal moment of the show so far (Rick symbolically putting down the past).

As for the next to go, Hershel and his mostly anonymous clan are so gonna die soon. Well, except for Maggie. The crew needs to get back on the road. But as far as the next established character being knocked off, I'm putting my money on Carol. With her daughter dead again, she's past her sell-by date as far as having a function on the show. And she's getting in the way of Daryl and Andrea hooking up.

I think they've got something in store for T-Dog, otherwise his character is completely useless. He had, what, one line in the last episode? And that was "Don't give me that gangsta shit." That's pretty sad.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Oh boy, I feel like I own the show, wanting to respond so much…oh **** it, I do own the show.
                          Damn that was a good finale. I totally didn't see it coming, which is awesome. Kudos to whoever had the balls to put that on paper

You are most certainly right on babe!

As far as who knew...Herschel probably knew, but was waiting for them to just give up and leave. Maggie probably stayed away from the barn, and I doubt that the woman who was feeding the zombies was doing nose counts. Especially since some were missing noses.

Maggie did not stay away and even Glenn was there. Either the writers didn’t think this through or someone didn’t talk for a California raisin. People always have their reasons for doing bad things. Guess we’ll find out in season3

Didn't Hershel mention Otis was the one who would catch the walkers and put them in the barn? With Otis dead no one knew.

Yes, I guess that is a possibility. Perhaps only Otis saw her.

I liked this episode but was hoping they would find her alive. She didn't have much of a part so now I'm wondering if the black dude is next

I cried when I saw those little feet wobble out of the barn… you’re right, we all hoped she would be alive. Most of all sweet Daryl…

You're such a cutey, Meow! We've GOT to get together for a wax.

You’re not talking eyebrows, are ya...um…thanks… , but that’s okay…

Umm... maybe ol' Hersh didn't tell our gang that Sophia's in the barn because... ummm... then our gang might go ahead and, like, SHOOT HER? Kinda just like they did?

I think someone beat you to this theory a few posts above. Like I always tell my students read before you write…

Oh snap, someone already made the point. But I still want to get waxed with Meow ASAP.

You just go on a head and de bush by yourself. Enjoy!

She didn't have much of a part so now I'm wondering if the black dude is next?

NO. If you haven’t learned it by now, this show is anything BUT unpredictable and in most films the black dude bites the dust first, hence, the answer is a big fat no.

She didn't get much screen time over the season, but the director just handed her the keys to completely own the most pivotal moment of the show so far (Rick symbolically putting down the past).

Indeed. The girl was a prima ballerina of the eppy!

As for the next to go, Hershel and his mostly anonymous clan are so gonna die soon. Well, except for Maggie.

The crew needs to get back on the road.

SO TOTALLY TRUE – new place, new adventure, bring them to Connecticut damn it! I’m waiting! Just make sure Daryl stays on the bus!

But as far as the next established character being knocked off, I'm putting my money on Carol. With her daughter dead again, she's past her sell-by date as far as having a function on the show. And she's getting in the way of Daryl and Andrea hooking up.

I don’t think so, since they film in Altanta and she’s a casting director, I think she baked herself a pretty damn good job there. I doubt she wants to go anywhere. LOL

I think they've got something in store for T-Dog, otherwise his character is completely useless. He had, what, one line in the last episode? And that was "Don't give me that gangsta ****." That's pretty sad.

I agree. They will. Dude this is the actor who called Sandra Bullock ‘snow flake’! Hahaha. The dude has guts! Sandy must have kicked his butt in between takes. I laughed so hard when he said that in the Blind Side.
                          Last edited by Filmfelinemeowmeow; 12-09-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I looooohooooovvveeee this show! Whoa hoa! I can't wait for more. What do I do till then!!!! OMG it's so difficult to wait. I think I saw every zombie movie ever made last week, just b/c of the nostalgia. Hahahaha
                            Last edited by Filmfelinemeowmeow; 12-09-2011, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X