Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Down

This series from 2009/2010 has just premiered in the UK on Virgin Media as a UK Exclusive and I am really enjoying it. Very funny at times and a real blast for writers/actors doing crap jobs to pay the bills whilst looking at the stars.

Plus, I've developed a crush on Lizzy Caplan as a result of it!
    @MacBullitt

Re: Party Down

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
    This series from 2009/2010 has just premiered in the UK on Virgin Media as a UK Exclusive and I am really enjoying it. Very funny at times and a real blast for writers/actors doing crap jobs to pay the bills whilst looking at the stars.

Plus, I've developed a crush on Lizzy Caplan as a result of it!
    You and me both. I loved "Party Down", such a hilarious show. Adam Scott is a very underrated actor. The first episode with J.K. Simmons is one of the funniest things ever.

Comment

If Party Down would have been on HBO it would've been an Entourage type hit. It sucks Party Down didn't come out after Spartacus, that's when STARZ started getting attention for Original Programming.

Comment

Just watched this whole series through on Netflix in like 3 days. Really sucks it only had 2 short seasons but still totally works as a miniseries IMO. Would definitely recommend anybody with Netflix go check it out.

Comment

Good news is they are making a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
            Great. On last night's episode of Parks & Rec, Martin Starr had a cameo scene with Adam Scott.
            "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by mge457 View Post
              Great. On last night's episode of Parks & Rec, Martin Starr had a cameo scene with Adam Scott.
              Yeah, I saw that. By the way, I love Parks & Rec, but last night's episode had me genuinely laughing more than I have in a long time.

Part of it was the Oren cameo, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                Yeah, Martin Starr said the script is being written, but it's just a matter of nailing down people like Adam Scott and Lizzy Caplan, who have since become quite busy. I still hope it happens at some point, even if it's not for a year or two.

For those that didn't notice/realize, Paul Rudd is one of the co-creators. I laughed at every single character on the show, which is hard for me. Usually there's always one character I find throwaway, but not Party Down. The guest appearances were always great too. It really was an unfortunate story of a great show that just had no audience to grab. I agree it would've been a much bigger hit on HBO, even on Showtime. Although it did garner some interest for Starz original programming, before Spartacus, which has grabbed a much bigger foothold.

Comment

Working...
                X