Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Crystal to host the Oscars!

Thought I'd re-start this thread for the new host.

I'm stoked! Might actually enjoy the show this time. The Oscars are appointment television again.

The only person I would have liked to see in the spotlight more is Neil Patrick Harris, but he'll have to do a couple more movies first.
    Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Re: Billy Crystal to host the Oscars!

Always liked Billy. Though I was hoping for someone younger (and perhaps ABC too), I'm sure he'll do fine.

Jim Carrey would've absolutely killed, I think.
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
    -Maya Angelou

Comment

Safe, dependable choice that they know will deliver. With Eddie Murphy pulling out and the fiasco last year, I can't imagine they were going to take a chance on anyone who didn't have a solid track record. Should be a good show.

Comment

Woo hoo! I wonder how they got him to agree to do it again.
        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

_one_
          "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
          - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

God I love this guy:

Crystal broke the news himself on Twitter with the following tweet:

"Am doing the Oscars so the young woman in the pharmacy will stop asking my name when I pick up my prescriptions. Looking forward to the show."

Comment

Originally posted by YakMan View Post
              God I love this guy:

Crystal broke the news himself on Twitter with the following tweet:

"Am doing the Oscars so the young woman in the pharmacy will stop asking my name when I pick up my prescriptions. Looking forward to the show."

Great reason.
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by ReneC View Post
                Thought I'd re-start this thread for the new host.

I'm stoked! Might actually enjoy the show this time. The Oscars are appointment television again.

The only person I would have liked to see in the spotlight more is Neil Patrick Harris, but he'll have to do a couple more movies first.
                I agree with you, he rox. And the Oscars are not just for gays anymore!!

PS: I still remember my fave line from Crystal - "...those eyes, those tighs, surprise! It's the Crying Game..."

Comment

Working...
                X