No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smash

Absolutely loving it!
    "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Re: Smash

Interesting pilot, I look forward to the Nielsen numbers tomorrow.

If NBC ex-The Voice is coming back, there should be signs of strength (3.5+ minimum), although this could blow the roof off and do something in the low 4 range. Thoughts?
    Last edited by mge457; 02-06-2012, 09:44 PM.
    "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by mge457 View Post
      Interesting pilot, I look forward to the Nielsen numbers tomorrow.

If NBC ex-The Voice is coming back, there should be signs of strength (3.5+ minimum), although this could blow the roof off and do something in the low 4 range. Thoughts?
      "After it's opening night premiere, the reviews are in ... and they're almost unanimously positive."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ing-nbc-287532

No ratings yet.. but critics were happy...
      "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Thr writing was fantastic! And they match the script with major talent/ perfect casting, expert direction and top production values. Didn't think I'm like it but ended up loving it. I'm hooked!

Comment

From tvbythenumbers.com:

10:00 PM

NBC Smash (Series Premiere) 3.8/10 11.50
          CBS Hawaii Five-0 2.7/7 9.80
          ABC Castle 2.0/5 8.72

NBC crushed it. On a side note, Alcatraz got walloped last night.
          "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Ditto. I enjoyed it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mge457 View Post
              From tvbythenumbers.com:

10:00 PM

NBC Smash (Series Premiere) 3.8/10 11.50
              CBS Hawaii Five-0 2.7/7 9.80
              ABC Castle 2.0/5 8.72

NBC crushed it. On a side note, Alcatraz got walloped last night.
              Thanks for posting! They sure advertised the heck out of it, but they had the goods - I don't think many were disappointed.

I can't wait for Uma Thurman to show up and throw a monkey wrench into casting the Marilyn part.

Comment

i was disappointed. cliched characters, clunky dialogue. never bought for a minute any of the behind-the-scenes stuff. it's a network's idea of how Broadway works

the final musical number, however, was genuinely spectacular. too bad the rest of the pilot didn't hit that high of a note

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                  i was disappointed. cliched characters, clunky dialogue. never bought for a minute any of the behind-the-scenes stuff. it's a network's idea of how Broadway works

the final musical number, however, was genuinely spectacular. too bad the rest of the pilot didn't hit that high of a note
                  At least you gave it a chance and watched...

It is a subjective business - I doubt there's ever been a hit show that everyone loved - I never could stand Seinfeld....

Comment

i had read the script last year when it was up for consideration, which had the same problems for me. but i was curious to see if any of them had been solved in the shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                      i had read the script last year when it was up for consideration, which had the same problems for me. but i was curious to see if any of them had been solved in the shoot.
                      Interesting perspective, Joe. They say pilots are the hottest market right now, and that the door is open is to newbies (which is why I'm writing a pilot now) - it's quite a mixed bag with all these new shows.... but I'm trying to watch them all to try to gain a sense of what the market is looking for (high concept, of course, just like features).

Comment

i agree that the characters were very cliche':
                        - wide-eyed naive girl from the midwest
                        - the 'i'll do anything for that part even though i am talented' new yorker
                        - is he gay or is he straight assistant... i mean, this is broadway
                        - the producer needs the director and the director needs the producer and they hate each other

even so... i enjoyed it. the adult drama for glee fans. i just hope they don't ruin it by adding any graduating glee kids to the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                          i agree that the characters were very cliche':
                          - wide-eyed naive girl from the midwest
                          - the 'i'll do anything for that part even though i am talented' new yorker
                          - is he gay or is he straight assistant... i mean, this is broadway
                          - the producer needs the director and the director needs the producer and they hate each other

even so... i enjoyed it. the adult drama for glee fans. i just hope they don't ruin it by adding any graduating glee kids to the cast.
                          They are adding Uma! I'm stoked.

Comment

Second that!

Comment

looks like just one guest appearance though.

Comment

Working...
                              X