Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Season 2012...

The Hollywood Reporter has a guide to this years pilot season - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...e-guide-287221

So, what's everyone's opinion? And does anybody have any inside info on any of the projects, etc?

By the way, seeing as script requests are no longer allowed, is there any chance of being pointed in the direction of where they might be available?

Re: Pilot Season 2012...

I hope "Cult" gets picked up at CW because it's interesting Josh Schwartz and Rockne S. O'Bannon are working together since they showran two cult sci-fi shows ("Chuck" and "Farscape") which are kind of similar.

I hope "Let It Go" get OK'ed at Fox as well since I miss Zachary Levi already.

I doubt "Arrow" will get picked up at CW, and it's interesting the pilot's being made because back in the early 90s, there was a Green Arrow series being developed at CBS, after they mistreated "The Flash".

Why ABC's doing a NYC-version of "Once Upon A Time" called "Gotham" is beyond me. I was an extra in the yet-to-be titled Roland Emmerich pilot that's for the same network, and I hope to do another pilot in NYC.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I can't remember a pilot season with so many women of color in lead roles. Great job by all the networks!

Elementary seems like the surest pick of the bunch.
      Last edited by Furious Anjel; 03-25-2012, 11:35 AM. Reason: forgot to add...
      "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

I didn't see anything that tickled my tummy.

I think a couple are DOA while others were fairly generic. Ya never really know with most shows until you see 'em.

I never would have guesses that The Playboy Club would be a stinker. It needs an HBO reboot.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by hotzappa11 View Post
          The Hollywood Reporter has a guide to this years pilot season - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...e-guide-287221
          Thanks for posting this link -- it is VERY useful!!!

Comment

Zero Hour
            The Last Resort
            Chicago Fire
            The Asset

Also interested in Magic City on Starz
            "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Anjel View Post
              I can't remember a pilot season with so many women of color in lead roles. Great job by all the networks!
              ha! made me look.
              i ain't seein' what you're seeing. i count about 6 (that i can recognized)... didn't include the one about the latino maids, but i'm sure there will be a couple in there.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                ha! made me look.
                i ain't seein' what you're seeing. i count about 6 (that i can recognized)... didn't include the one about the latino maids, but i'm sure there will be a couple in there.
                Devious Maids doesn't count?

Kristin Kreuk -Beauty and The Beast
                Jessica Lucas - Cult
                Lucy Liu - Elementary
                Amber Stevens - Joey Dakota
                Meagan Good - Notorious

They're all playing leads and not supporting characters. How many shows currently have minority women as primary characters?
                Last edited by Furious Anjel; 03-25-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

How many shows currently have minority women as primary characters?
                  Terra Nova?

Whoops... cancelled.

It had two ethnically non-white actresses in primary roles.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
                    Terra Nova?

Whoops... cancelled.

It had two ethnically non-white actresses in primary roles.
                    Forgot about Terra Nova. Charlie's Angels would have counted as well. Nikita is probably the only network show with minority female as the main character.

Comment

I think that new Scandal show has a black female lead.
                      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                        I think that new Scandal show has a black female lead.

That's mid-season, but you're right about Kerry Washington (Ray, Django Unchained) as the lead.
                        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

we'll see how many of them make it to 2013.

more cancelled: Jada Pinkett Smith in HawthoRNe & i can't even remember that show about the spies... the smiths or whatever their name was jones or johnson? lol!

i love Regina King in Southland. even though it's an ensemble cast her role is crucial.
                          Amber Riley in Glee... another ensemble cast role
                          Rashida Jones in Parks & Recreation and Yvette Brown in Community. i don't watch these shows, so not sure how big their roles are, but their ensemble shows... am i right?

other shows i don't watch: Chandra Wilson in Grey's Anatomy, Audra McDonald in Private Practice... i'm guessing supportive roles, but the creator of one or both of these shows is getting a lot of chatter for Scandal so i guess that's a good thing. i'm thinking she must have tried to give these women bigger parts, but they couldn't fit them in... so she just created a new one.

i've never seen That's So Raven? is that still on?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                            we'll see how many of them make it to 2013.

more cancelled: Jada Pinkett Smith in HawthoRNe & i can't even remember that show about the spies... the smiths or whatever their name was jones or johnson? lol!

i love Regina King in Southland. even though it's an ensemble cast her role is crucial.
                            Amber Riley in Glee... another ensemble cast role
                            Rashida Jones in Parks & Recreation and Yvette Brown in Community. i don't watch these shows, so not sure how big their roles are, but their ensemble shows... am i right?
                            Yup.

other shows i don't watch: Chandra Wilson in Grey's Anatomy, Audra McDonald in Private Practice... i'm guessing supportive roles, but the creator of one or both of these shows is getting a lot of chatter for Scandal so i guess that's a good thing. i'm thinking she must have tried to give these women bigger parts, but they couldn't fit them in... so she just created a new one.

i've never seen That's So Raven? is that still on?
                            I believe Audra McDonald left Private Practice.

You can watch a 10 minute preview of Scandal on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151421564320103

Meh.

Comment

the smiths or whatever their name was jones or johnson
                              Did that even air?

Probably would have been better as a movie with franchise potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X