Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sherlock - A must see brilliant series

Moffat and Gatiss spoke again about their long term planning for the show, confirming that they knew they would be bringing Moriarty back at the end of series 3 before series 2 had even aired. However, there was no discussion as to how this return would manifest.
    (source)

If they bring back Andrew Scott, we'll see a twin or a bunch of flashbacks.

Or maybe:

"Jim" is not Moriarty
    wry

The rule is the first fifteen pages should enthrall me, but truth is, I'm only giving you about 3-5 pages. ~ Hollywood Script Reader

Comment

Originally posted by wrytnow View Post
      (source)

If they bring back Andrew Scott, we'll see a twin or a bunch of flashbacks.

Or maybe:

"Jim" is not Moriarty
      I'm a fan of the "not the real Moriarty" theory myself. I liked Andrew Scott's performance quite a bit but he always struck me as too young to have acquired all the knowledge and power that he had. And would such an obviously bananas person have enough moments of lucidity to control such a large organization of criminals?

(As an aside - I read another article that said Moriarty's original dialogue at the pool was much simpler, all that "I'll burn out your heart" stuff was written for the Moriarty auditions but Scott gave such an impressive over the top reading they kept it.)

Anyway, given the show's penchant for "hiding things in plain sight" I wonder if there really was an actor named Richard Brook, hired to pretend to be Moriarty. It just wasn't Sherlock that hired him.

Comment

The story/character/thematic/emotional arc of the first two seasons falls apart completely, if Moriarty wasn't Moriarty, or if he comes back from dead.

He's not coming back.

As for the third season, despite some flaws, it had a lot of dazzling writing. I hope that some day I can write that well.

Comment

Originally posted by tuukka View Post
          The story/character/thematic/emotional arc of the first two seasons falls apart completely, if Moriarty wasn't Moriarty, or if he comes back from dead..
          It isn't that Moriarty isn't Moriarty, it's that he's not Professor Moriarty. (You might try that link.) In Canon, there are two Moriartys, brothers. Both named "James." Because of Doyle's mess-up, we can posit almost anything. I think it would be fun for Professor Moriarty to be a woman. But he could be James' twin.

It's doesn't mess up anything, really, because it's Canon. I thought it was interesting in the whole of the dealings with the Moriarty we saw, no reference whatsoever was made to him being a Professor or a mathematician. So I always thought there'd be another Moriarty in the show's future.

I'll have to check the Q&A on iPlayer, but I think Mofftiss said they knew there'd be another Moriarty story, back when they first started writing the show.

I'm not sure they are character arcs, anyway. More like character squiggles.
          wry

The rule is the first fifteen pages should enthrall me, but truth is, I'm only giving you about 3-5 pages. ~ Hollywood Script Reader

Comment

If Andrew Scott does not return (regardless of being the real Moriarty or not), it would be an incredibly massive cheat on their part.

After all, they did include a post-credits scene confirming that Andrew Scott is indeed back. So color me curious as to how they will resolve that plot point.

Comment

Working...
            X