Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True Blood Season 5

I really enjoyed this show up until the season 3 finale. It's since become a caricature, and it grows more and more outlandish as the episodes progress -- even by True Blood standards.

I think the writing staff is running out of primary material, so they're focusing a lot more on the show's peripheral characters and trying to give them their own story lines rather than having them complement the primary story lines.

Comment

The series has taken a complete left turn in a lot of ways from the source material. It seems to me they are flying blind since they decided the source material was not the way to go.

Usually by now I'm over the bumpy beginning of the season and totally into the show, but this season is not making a lot of sense. So far the storylines I like the best is Terry (although I did not like the fire monster) and Alcide. Alcide has it going on this year as far as storylines go, its the only storyline I've completely liked.

POSSIBLE SPOILER
      Although in the books Alcide did win as packmaster, so it will be interesting to see if that eventually happens in the series.

There's just not a whole lot I want to watch about this show right now. It does have pretty men though, so sometimes that's enough - along with fond memories of better seasons
      826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

They should just give Jessica her own spin-off. I would watch it. Even if it was just her sitting and reading a newspaper.

Comment

If you haven't watched the finale, SPOILER ALERT!

v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          v
          Billith, the bloody Tampon God? The storyline went to ****, but it was riveting. Like watching a train wreck.
          http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

That seemed like the least "final" of a finale that True Blood has had. So many storylines left open. Especially if this is Alan Ball's last year.

Comment

Had great moments - Sam's "Expansion Kill" - and may have been juuuuuuuust good enough to get me to watch the S6 premiere. But yeah, this season blew worse than Ike.
              "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Working...
              X