Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homeland

he should have died in the first season finale, if the writers were being completely true to the character

Comment

Damien Lewis is signed on through five seasons. Brody ain't going to die.

**SPOILERS**

Man... don't know what to think at this point. LOOOOOVED the episode before last, but Sunday night's underwhelmed me. It felt almost like a denouement, despite Nazir being handled... the manner in which didn't blow my mind.

Why did Nazir just punch Carrie in the gut when he had a knife and had just slit an FBI dude's throat? Sometimes this show is on fire, other times it seems like they just don't give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
        Damien Lewis is signed on through five seasons. Brody ain't going to die.

**SPOILERS**

Man... don't know what to think at this point. LOOOOOVED the episode before last, but Sunday night's underwhelmed me. It felt almost like a denouement, despite Nazir being handled... the manner in which didn't blow my mind.

Why did Nazir just punch Carrie in the gut when he had a knife and had just slit an FBI dude's throat? Sometimes this show is on fire, other times it seems like they just don't give a shit.
        SPOILERS-----

I agree, andn think exactly like you do. I used to verbally express this when watching, but my wife told me to "shut up!" . lol.

i mean he slit that agents throat like a chicken, yet, with carrie they wrestled around with each other.

also, SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT............................................. .

Nazir had a pulse in his neck..rewind your dvr when carrie was looking at him in the van. had to be on purpose, no what producers or even a lackey grip would let that through, it was obviously beating in his neck.
        • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
          SPOILERS-----

I agree, andn think exactly like you do. I used to verbally express this when watching, but my wife told me to "shut up!" . lol.

i mean he slit that agents throat like a chicken, yet, with carrie they wrestled around with each other.

also, SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT............................................. .

Nazir had a pulse in his neck..rewind your dvr when carrie was looking at him in the van. had to be on purpose, no what producers or even a lackey grip would let that through, it was obviously beating in his neck.
          Nazir's dead. You're just seeing things.
          Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

SPOILERS-----

That TUNNEL was hand picked by Nazir. Hand PICKED. there's no way in hell that he gets away from Carrie then dodges the FBI agents and is at least 15 feet ahead of them THEN, THEN he falls to his knees and gives up his life.

Sorry, not going for it. Nazir knew that tunnel inside out. He goddamned slept in it! how could he not know how to get out or at least make a better run for it!

Disappointed. But i see his network coming to the forefront. Brody going ballistic after he finds that the CIA played him. Carrie protecting him...

Comment

I'm not warning about spoilers, because this thread is obviously a discussion about what happened on the show and if you haven't seen the episodes and are dumb enough to look, well, that's your fault.

Anyway, this show has stretched the boundaries of believability to the breaking point. I loved the first season, but season two has gone off the rails. That has a lot to do with the premise. How long can you honestly keep something like that up? It worked amazingly for one season, but after he botches the first attack, the idea of the show pretty much falls apart.

But as Lips said, Brody isn't dying because Lewis is signed on for five years. But he has no Nazir to keep him alive/walking the streets, so that means somebody stops Quinn from killing him. But that look Quinn gives when he sees Brody go into Carrie's house tells me he's conflicted now about his job, so maybe he stops himself. Meanwhile, you have Saul on his way out of the CIA thanks to Estes framing him. Can't have Brody get whacked and Saul exiting the CIA, so that means something's going to happen to Estes. He's the most expendable character on the show, so my guess is he'll fall in the next episode. Not necessarily killed, but somehow found out and brought down for what he tried to do to Brody.

Speaking of Brody, is anyone else really bothered by the fact that Carrie doesn't seem at all phased that Brody helped kill the Vice President of the United States? I mean, their whole dynamic now is ludicrous. Homeland was a great, great show in its first season. Now it's just silly.

Comment

I was surprised that Homeland did so well at the Globes. I loved the first season, but thought the second season -- especially the final three episodes -- were terrible. Actually, I thought the show's award winners seemed a bit defensive about the second season writing when accepting their awards. They kept saying that they had to live up to the first season and believe the awards validated it -- or something to that effect. Did anyone else here see that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
                  I was surprised that Homeland did so well at the Globes.
                  Lena Dunham won acting award. Awards (not just Globes) often don't make any sense at all and have little to do with quality. I'm not suprised about anything anymore when it comes to those things.

Comment

Homeland kicks butt!

spoilers

who would have ever imagined Estes would be OFFED.

Comment

wait, what happened to estes? i forgot already?? was he in the blast? or at least believed to be??
                      • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

spoilssss

He's dead.

Comment

wait, what happened to estes? i forgot already?? was he in the blast? or at least believed to be??
                          He was giving a speech at the funeral so either he's dead or he's coming back as the six million dollar man.

Comment

Working...
                          X