Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland

Quite a surprise in the second episode of season 2, like something you might expect to happen at the end of the season - makes me wonder what they're going to do with the rest of the season. Great show, love the jazz.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Re: Homeland

I haven't seen any of the second season, but the first one knocked me on my ass. This is the kind of quality writing that the movies should be doing. Especially thrillers.

Comment

I've only caught the first episode of season two, but thought it was deathly boring. Hopefully it'll pick up / get its groove back....

Comment

Episode 1 was a bit slower, but episode 2 threw us right back into the mix of Homeland's craziness.

This show has become a springboard for so many of the people involved on this show, I hope they can maintain the level of quality after this season. Howard Gordon (as a producer, not creator) has sold 5 pilots alone this fall. Alex Gansa and Michael Cuesta are doing pretty well too.
        "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Episode two has been the best one they've made yet. Intense, and a great cliffhanger.

Comment

Episode 2 felt like a movie. I put it on in the background as I worked my day job but ended up riveted, staring at the screen for the 2nd half. The last scene - wow.

Comment

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that ep was fresh, yoooooooooo

Homeland Season 2, Episode 3 has finally put this series into the stratosphere. It was really good last season and started well this season, but this episode will go down in the books as the jumping off point for the series. It reminded me of an old Sorpranos episode, like the college trip one or the pine barrens episode.

And the preview for next week, holy shitters and call me suzy. The cat's officially out of the bag now. It seems like everybody is starting to find out about Brody, even the CIA... they must have some sick twists and surprises in store if they're revealing it this early in Season 2. Being unpredictable is what it's all about. Like a Breaking Bad season or this newest season of Dexter, Homeland is unpredictable now.

Now tell all of your wack friends to watch this show and get serious in life.

Comment

I've never been addicted to crack, but I imagine Homeland is stimulating those same neuroreceptors that crack would ennervate in my brain. I watched episode 2 and, like ten minutes later...I watched it again. Then, I watched the final scene again. Can't wait for my next fix.

Comment

Originally posted by dog678 View Post
                  Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that ep was fresh, yoooooooooo

Homeland Season 2, Episode 3 has finally put this series into the stratosphere. It was really good last season and started well this season, but this episode will go down in the books as the jumping off point for the series. It reminded me of an old Sorpranos episode, like the college trip one or the pine barrens episode.

And the preview for next week, holy shitters and call me suzy. The cat's officially out of the bag now. It seems like everybody is starting to find out about Brody, even the CIA... they must have some sick twists and surprises in store if they're revealing it this early in Season 2. Being unpredictable is what it's all about. Like a Breaking Bad season or this newest season of Dexter, Homeland is unpredictable now.

Now tell all of your wack friends to watch this show and get serious in life.
                  Yep -- not that season 1 was weak at all, but it was definitely more of a slow burn whereas the first three episodes of this season have been as intense as anything since maybe the best episodes of 24. Can't wait to see how the writers keep the show going now that Brody has been exposed, especially since Damian Lewis (reportedly) just signed on for another 5 years!

Comment

The only major flaw in the show is Brody using his personal cell phone to call and text message terrorists. It's just so stretched in possibility it becomes a major downer when you see it happen. They'll never remedy it because it adds tension, but him sitting in with the joint chiefs during a CIA operation going down and him texting under the table is ludacris.
                    Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningWorld View Post
                      The only major flaw in the show is Brody using his personal cell phone to call and text message terrorists. It's just so stretched in possibility it becomes a major downer when you see it happen. They'll never remedy it because it adds tension, but him sitting in with the joint chiefs during a CIA operation going down and him texting under the table is ludacris.
                      I'm thinking that will come back to bite him. They're taking their sweet time distributing that video of Brody..
                      "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by mge457 View Post
                        I'm thinking that will come back to bite him. They're taking their sweet time distributing that video of Brody..

I agree with that. He should have at least had a coughing fit or mustered some flimsy excuse to bolt from the room and send the text from the little boys room.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this season has kind of jumped the shark a little bit? I mean, come on, having managed to insert an operative into the US Congress would a terror network as allegedly sophisticated as this really risk that asset doing grunt work driving a possibly compromised bomb maker around? Felt horribly contrived to me.
                          Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

***Spoilers for those not caught up***

Brody becoming a congressman was an unintended consequence. They just wanted him to blow up a bunch of people. So not too far-fetched.

But while I love this show and find it incredibly gripping, I am starting to see the cracks -- Brody texting from the operations room (he'd never be allowed to bring a phone inside, let alone be allowed inside in the first place); the reporter/terrorist who gives Brody Estes' code to his personal safe (how did she know the combo and how did she know that information would be there?); Estes letting Brody sit alone in his office. I could go on....

Comment

[quote=docgonzo;833654 the reporter/terrorist who gives Brody Estes' code to his personal safe (how did she know the combo and how did she know that information would be there?); Estes letting Brody sit alone in his office. I could go on....[/quote]

I thought him being sent to help the tailor out of harm's way was odd. I'm thinking there's a double agent in the mix somewhere or Brody is being "run" by some agency, either way Brody is doing exactly what they want him to
                              I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X