No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homeland

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this season has kind of jumped the shark a little bit? I mean, come on, having managed to insert an operative into the US Congress would a terror network as allegedly sophisticated as this really risk that asset doing grunt work driving a possibly compromised bomb maker around? Felt horribly contrived to me.
    Completely agree. I've given up on the show.

Comment

Why did he stop for gas if he was five minutes from.the safe house? It makes more sense to get gas after you no longer have a wanted terrorist in your car.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Wow, what a great finale to the series tonight. I always knew they would catch Brody ALL the way back to Season 1. I'm glad they thwarted his terrorist plot and saved America. This series seemed to have ended too fast, though. It should have gone at least 6 seaso...

... wait, it's only Season 2, Episode 4???????

Comment

Originally posted by dog678 View Post
          Wow, what a great finale to the series tonight. I always knew they would catch Brody ALL the way back to Season 1. I'm glad they thwarted his terrorist plot and saved America. This series seemed to have ended too fast, though. It should have gone at least 6 seaso...

... wait, it's only Season 2, Episode 4???????

Me thinks Brody might get broken twice. Date lesson to all guys: if you're flirting with a girl, best not to mention her recent ECT.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks this season has kind of jumped the shark a little bit? I mean, come on, having managed to insert an operative into the US Congress would a terror network as allegedly sophisticated as this really risk that asset doing grunt work driving a possibly compromised bomb maker around? Felt horribly contrived to me.
            The reporter did say they needed someone the bomb maker knew -- not that it's an entirely valid explanation, but the writers gave one. I will say that moments like Brody answering the call while he's restraining the dying man seemed illogical but the scene was so intense I didn't care. In fact I've found that has been true for a number of moments this season, even when Brody is texting Nazir while in the Pentagon -- though in retrospect it seems preposterous.

The fact is that whether or not you buy everything, you have to admit that this season has been pure adrenaline and has crammed a good 12 episodes' worth of television into 4. If they can keep this up it will be epic, and based on this showing they definitely deserved the third season pickup (though which characters will be around remains to be seen).

Comment

Also, the other thing that kind of bothers me about this show is that is espouses the idea that we can be safe is this terrible world, if only we're all suspicious enough and obsessively paranoid all the time. I love a good follow the intel drama, but given that we right now have people locked away in prison based on what we think that they might do in the future, it churns my stomach to see what is ostensibly wild paranoia validated over and over.
              Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpdoc View Post
                Me thinks Brody might get broken twice..
                I was thinking this as well, but the idea of breaking him again and (presumably) using him to get to Nazir means they might allow him back into his regular life in order to keep up appearances. Which, of course, includes him being a potential VP running mate. In the real world, if someone strapped a bomb to themselves and very nearly pressed the button in the presence of the sitting VP, that person would never be allowed near them again.

If this is the direction the writers are going, and I fear they are, then they'll be stretching credulity to the breaking point.

Comment

Great episode tonight, Damian Lewis knocked it out of the park. It's very possible this is the episode that wins him another Emmy.
                  "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                    I was thinking this as well, but the idea of breaking him again and (presumably) using him to get to Nazir means they might allow him back into his regular life in order to keep up appearances. Which, of course, includes him being a potential VP running mate. In the real world, if someone strapped a bomb to themselves and very nearly pressed the button in the presence of the sitting VP, that person would never be allowed near them again.

If this is the direction the writers are going, and I fear they are, then they'll be stretching credulity to the breaking point.
                    Agree that credulity is stretching, but I guess there's no proof he actually had the vest on. I'm still severely addicted, and will remain so even if Brody gets broken thrice.

Comment

SPOILER

Didn't Carrie tell him he had to get out of politics as part of his "deal"?

Comment

Trust me -- the show is not accurate. At all. However, a friend of mine working on The Good Shepherd for Eric Roth tells me that show will be accurate, almost to a fault.

In any case, the first season felt a little like Mad Men -- a sort lighting-in-a-bottle scenario that will try like hell to regain its quality. I really feel like they pushed the button on Brody far too early.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                          SPOILER

Didn't Carrie tell him he had to get out of politics as part of his "deal"?
                          ***Spoiler***

She also told him to move far away, but then lets him go home to his wife, presumably where he'll just continue on with his life. While it's true they have no proof that Brody had a bomb, they were absolutely certain he did.

I'm not sure which way this is heading, and I don't mean that in a good way. I love this show so much and want it to be great, but I think the premise is unraveling rather quickly. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and have something killer in store for the end of the season. But who knows at this point.

Comment

I think Carrie said, AFTER he helps them, he has to get out of politics and move far far away. He has to go on like nothing happened until they thwart Abu Nazir's plan.

As for the vest... Didn't he eventually tell Carrie where he got the vest? I remember him mentioning Virginia and Saul or Peter pinning the maker's name to the board.

I agree that the premise seems to be unraveling rather quickly. I'm excited though! For once, I have no idea where a story is going. Brody helping the CIA was predictable, but what actually happens now... I don't know, man!

Comment

Still super addicted (and can't quite explain why), but I'm starting to feel slightly cheated... I want them to show more...pull the skirt a little higher, as it were. Especially wanted to see Carrie's or somebody's reaction to the big scene this week.

Comment

OMG, how annoying is that daughter, ughhhhhhhhh... SNL got it right when they did that skit of Homeland.

She needs to get a clue. So what, they ran over and killed someone and the family member got paid off, it's Washington. Politics 101. When you're affiliated with the top office in the land, you can basically do whatever you want. Lie, cheat, steal and kill. That's the point of having power.

Man, I wanna be a politician's son one day...

Comment

Working...
                                X