Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boss" Gets Fired

Didn't watch the show, but my condolescences for the fans.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/bo...ed-starz-65906
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: "Boss" Gets Fired

I've only watched season 1, and I liked it. It was a different show, compared to other serialized dramas, and Grammer was great. But it also didn't make it easy for the viewer, didn't tell him who to like, who to root for, there was nothing uplifting about it.

I haven't watched season 2 yet, so I wonder: what's failed, season 2 or the show itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
      I've only watched season 1, and I liked it. It was a different show, compared to other serialized dramas, and Grammer was great. But it also didn't make it easy for the viewer, didn't tell him who to like, who to root for, there was nothing uplifting about it.

I haven't watched season 2 yet, so I wonder: what's failed, season 2 or the show itself?
      Definitely season 2. It feels like a completely different show to me. And not in a good way.

Comment

Yes, I think there was a thread here where people complained of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
          Definitely season 2. It feels like a completely different show to me. And not in a good way.
          I could not disagree more strongly with this, and said so at length in the other thread. But then I love dark, tragic dramas, and they certainly don't appeal to everyone. I can understand that some people simply don't *like* the story itself (lots of popular shows bore me to tears), but from the standpoint of technique, writing, casting, or acting, I can't fathom what the beef would be.

I'm disappointed by this decision because I really wanted to find out where the Ian/Emma plot was going. I read there might be a two-hour MOTW-type finale of some sort. Not sure what to make of that but I hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
          X