• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Men Season 6

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...mid=tw-nytimes

Re: Mad Men Season 6

Will be there.

Sad to think there's an hour long cultural void in my life that can't really be filled until April 7. And then when I watch I'm reminded I can be disappointed and I struggle not to be disappointed. Mad Men hasn't disappointed, imo, but there's always potential...

And then the Mad Men season, and series ends, and I'm off to find another "orgiastic future that year by year receded before" me.

When does Breaking Bad return...?
    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Summer, I think. But Breaking Bad's gone WAY downhill since the beginning, IMO.

Comment

Can't wait for Mad Men to come on!

Originally posted by ctp View Post
        Summer, I think. But Breaking Bad's gone WAY downhill since the beginning, IMO.
        Whaaaaat! I still love this show. One of my favorites actually. What's your issue? Too dark?
        Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

Originally posted by CameronAlexander View Post
          Can't wait for Mad Men to come on!

Whaaaaat! I still love this show. One of my favorites actually. What's your issue? Too dark?
          My question about BB was merely pointing out the sad cultural state of affairs of my existence, life spent waiting in between seasons.

Not to derail this thread, but as far as BB I wasn't into last the last half season as I had been with ALL OF THE PREVIOUS EPISODES with few exceptions. Brilliant. Gilligan turned it into BB - The Scarface Sequel. He took what was slow methodical pacing and compressed it to the point it felt like a movie moving plot point to plot point. There were some exceptional moments last year, but BB seems to me like a caricature of its former iteration.

Mad Men has stuck pretty well to its narrative sensibilities e.g., pacing and characterization etc.
          Last edited by Ire; 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM.
          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by CameronAlexander View Post
            Topic for another thread! Sorry I brought it up.

Comment

Gilligan's intention with BB has always been to turn Mr. Chips into Scarface. He's talked about that quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
                Gilligan's intention with BB has always been to turn Mr. Chips into Scarface. He's talked about that quite a bit.
                And that's why the show's a hit.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
                X