Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maron on IFC

Have caught a few episodes and it is surprisingly good. Anyone else watching?

Re: Maron on IFC

The first episode was surprisingly self-conscious. Maron, who's so candid on his podcast, felt stilted as an actor. I have a few more episodes saved up, and I hope I like them. But I'm pretty sure I would have preferred he simply do an interview show similar to the podcast.

Did I mention I love the podcast? I LOVE the podcast.

Comment

I saw the pilot. Jury is still out, but it intrigued me enough to want to watch a few more episodes.

Comment

It did start off a little slow, but the last episode with Judd Hirsch playing his father really shined.

Comment

I've watched the first three and will probably keep watching, but it's in the category of stuff I record and watch when there's nothing else on and not in the category of can't wait to see it.

Maron isn't a good actor. It reminds me of how Jerry Seinfeld was in his early episodes. It took Jerry a while to learn a comedic actor's timing is different from a stand ups (at least that's how it came off to me). I think Maron is in that same learning stage and the overly expository dialogue isn't helping.

I think the show has potential and I think he has enough connections to keep up the entertaining showbiz people playing themselves, but it needs to find it's voice because right now it's Curb Your Enthusiasm without Larry David and basically in a contained setting.

So far, it's not real clear what the character goal is. Get famous? Get more famous? It's all kind of fuzzy at this point.
          On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Working...
          X