No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrested Development S4

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
    I'm on episode 10. The first three I was unsure - Portia De Rossi's face looks so different, I was totally distracted by that and had a hard time paying attention to her story.

Episode 4 - The B. Team - is when I officially got in the car, and I've been in ever since. (I actually watched the episode twice!)

It's different than the original AD, and I like it. The story gets better and better as the season rolls. I'll probably finish it today.
    I more or less agree with this. I actually LOVED #3. I found the methadone clinic scene and everything thereafter to be classic AD. They were always good at introducing quirky characters, and this was no different. The sloppy-looking guy who joins Al Qaeda? I lost it.

Then Tobias's episodes... wow. "I need to get my rocks off." Lost it X a million.

Comment

Anustart.
      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Almost done with the season. It gets considerably better as it progresses.

The GOB, Maeby, George Michael episodes are all great. The later part of the season matches & surpasses the quality of Season 3 and redeems the embarrassingly bad start to the season.

It was worth sticking with. I feel better about their chances should they do a season 5, though not having finished the season, I have no idea if that is an option in terms of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by nyumich View Post
          I more or less agree with this. I actually LOVED #3. I found the methadone clinic scene and everything thereafter to be classic AD. They were always good at introducing quirky characters, and this was no different. The sloppy-looking guy who joins Al Qaeda? I lost it.

Then Tobias's episodes... wow. "I need to get my rocks off." Lost it X a million.
          You know what? You're right - I got in the car with the methadone clinic scene. It was HYSTERICAL. That's probably why #4 felt like the first solid. It was #3 that turned me halfway through.

The blonde methadone lady - she was great. Those scenes with her and Tobias dressed up as super heroes getting orders to quit. Ha ha!

Comment

The two GOB episodes were hysterical...

Overall I'm happy with the way the season turned out. Incredibly complex.
            Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

I laughed every time they'd close-up on Gob's blank stare while playing the opening to "Sound of Silence."
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

I wish they would stop putting Will Arnett in crap like UP ALL NIGHT and THE MILLERS and give GOB his own spinoff, possibly revolving around his work in the Magician's Alliance and being the world's shittiest/most narcissistic "illusionist."

Comment

Originally posted by Levenger View Post
                  I wish they would stop putting Will Arnett in crap like UP ALL NIGHT and THE MILLERS and give GOB his own spinoff, possibly revolving around his work in the Magician's Alliance and being the world's shittiest/most narcissistic "illusionist."
                  Up All Night actually was OK for a little while, I thought. It was a trainwreck at the end and I haven't followed what the show's future is going forward.

Arnett & Cera really stood out to me in this most recent iteration and managed to separate themselves from the rest of the stellar cast. Even Wayne Jarvis would have to describe them as "professional."

Comment

I liked UAN's first season. Then they tried reformatting for the second season...

Comment

I love everything about this show. Please God, let it be a huge success on Netflix.

Especially the George Michael and Gob episodes, I alternate between laughing my ass off and sheer awe.

Comment

I watched season four three times and it really does become more enjoyable and funny when you know what's going on at each stage. I watched it so many times because I wrote a spec script based around season four. If anyone wants to check it out: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=72854

Comment

Working...
                        X