Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Final Season

Anybody watching?? I'm loving the dynamic between Dex and the Psychiatrist. Vogel seems extra creepy. Also like how Deb knowing about Dex is starting to f*ck up her life and make her become unhinged. It seems like we're heading to a satisfying conclusion to Dexter.

Re: Dexter Final Season

There's been too much telegraphing for my tastes. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a pretty good idea how certain storylines will play out.
    what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
      Anybody watching?? I'm loving the dynamic between Dex and the Psychiatrist. Vogel seems extra creepy. Also like how Deb knowing about Dex is starting to f*ck up her life and make her become unhinged. It seems like we're heading to a satisfying conclusion to Dexter.
      Man, they're making it look *really* obvious that Vogel is the killer. So obvious that you'd have to think it's a Red Herring. Then again, this is Dexter, where it was obvious by episode two that Gellar wasn't real...so who knows.

Comment

Spoilers ahead.

I had trouble getting into the first episode because it did not seamlessly continue from where the previous season's finale ended. Episodes two and three were more to my liking though, and, thankfully, stakes were increased this week with Deb attempting to rid herself of her guilt.

However, I do not like Vogel as a character so far: What is her motivation? Scientific interest? That's not very convincing... She says she cares for Dexter. That does not convince me, either. Where has she been during all those years? Also, Vogel trying to talk Dexter into killing Deb sets up a potentially thrilling situation, but it is not believable. Sloppy writing, in my opinion.

But we already know that from the show, don't we? As before, I'm willing to overlook the writing shortcomings if the story keeps me gripped.
        Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Why's Dexter not talking to Harry anymore?
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I keep waiting for Deb to start talking to Harry. My guess is Harry as seen through the recorded sessions is filling their Harry obligations...
            "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

The final season has deviated from the previous seasons... in a bad way. What made the show work, in my opinion, was that Dexter was trying to get to another serial killer, and at the same time he had to cover his own crimes up. This created two sources of urgency and kept me interested despite weaknesses in writing here and there.

Previously, the opponent was usually introduced to us in the first episode in person. In many cases, the other serial killer was an interesting character. This time, however, we barely know anything about the "brain surgeon" and, frankly, we don't really care, because Dexter doesn't care. The final season has been more about Deb than Dexter so far, including her clichéd breakdowns and a suicide attempt.

As written before, aside from confronting both Deb and Dexter with their past, Vogel doesn't really add much to the story, either.

Are the writers setting up a confrontation between Deb and Dexter? Dexter wanting to kill his sister would contradict everything his character has gone through over the entire show. Although he was initially portrayed as emotionless, we have since learned that he is, in fact, not. He does love his family and for that reason, I don't see him actually considering to kill Deb.
              Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Still one of my all-time fav shows, decent episode tonight, but not on par with the stellar season 4, been on a downward spiral since, but I'll still tune in and can't wait for the finale.

But damnnn, the last 4-5 seasons, all I wanna hear is the Dexter theme play after the episode, but they keep playing the stupid preview for next week. I have to go to YouTube just to hear it. It may sound small, but it pisses me off. The closing theme ties the episode together with the mood and tone of the show, and it sucks they cut it off like that. Lame-o Showtime.

Comment

Ughhhhhhhhhh, what a disaster finale.

Loved my time with Dexter over the years, but the story was completely botched by everyone involved. Can't believe after all these years with some amazing seasons in its corner, Dexter would end like this. One giant mess.

Comment

I agree, this season was absolutely awful. It actually would've been better if Vogel was the killer, though still not that good. What I thought really would've gave it a chance at being good was if Hannah was in it with Saxson the entire time.

Comment

Agreed. A tedious, incoherent, rudderless, soulless disaster. No sign of anything that once made this the best show on tv.

Scott Buck should jump off a f**ckin rock with his d*ck in one hand any script from Season 2 in the other.

Comment

Clyde Phillips, original "Dexter- showrunner, shares the finale he wanted

Comment

I wouldn't have mind to have seen an ending like the showrunner post above, but with a whole new spawn of Dexter disciples awakening forth to rise and conquer all over the city so that his work could live on. The savior giving his life for the cause.
                          The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

As usual, I'm late to this party (I rely on Netflix) but I have to say that ending would've been far, far better.

I don't know what happened to this show. I'm seeing there was obviously a change in the writing staff, but when/why that happened, I haven't followed the news behind the show enough to know. This show used to be "great," then it turned into "good," then it turned into "sloppy, but entertaining," but the wheels fell off on the last season.

The writing was atrocious, implausible and laughable at every turn. WTF happened?! The odd part was that in spite of how bad the writing was, I still find myself enjoying it just because it was Dexter...until the final scene. Geez.

This show needed Vince Gilligan. Imagine how dramatic it would've been to see everything unravel for Dexter the way it did for Walter White. How can you not have him exposed to everyone at Miami Metro? After seven years of buildup? How can people not know the name Dexter Morgan and know of his deeds?

What a missed opportunity, and a disgusting waste of a great character.

Comment

Working...
                            X