Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Michael J Fox TV Show

He's playing a sort of composite of himself, it looks like it could be alright. Anyway, I'm just glad he's back.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Re: New Michael J Fox TV Show

I just don't understand why the show needs a "talking to the camera" component to it. Why do so many sitcoms require a fake-documentary component?

Comment

It's terrible isn't it
      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by keithcalder View Post
        I just don't understand why the show needs a "talking to the camera" component to it. Why do so many sitcoms require a fake-documentary component?
        Haven't seen this show yet but I love it on Modern Family... wouldn't be half the show without Clare's stony stares into camera or Phil's claims to being both hip and funky
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the pilot. The talking-to-the-camera element sort of fits with this show, unlike so many others. It's more honest here, the show is self-aware enough to make good use of those moments to compliment the story without actually being part of the story. It's in the same vein as calling it "The Michael J. Fox Show" even though his character's name is Mike Henry.

What impressed me the most is just how rapid-fire it is. The dialogue and the action are in constant motion, very much like the disease at the center of it all, and this is where I appreciate the use of the talk-to-the-camera moments because they're a break from that. It gives us time to digest and appreciate the fast pace.

It's not the funniest show, but it felt like a real family and had a few good laughs. Mostly I'm just happy to see Michael J. Fox in a comedy again, as much as I liked his recurring role in The Good Wife this is where he really shines.
          Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

I love Michael J. Fox, so I'm watching it when I can. He has so much talent, and comic timing that its a revelation to watch him in action, even with his challenges. You can see him working with it in genius ways. Amazing!

Comment

Working...
            X