X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Times Simspsons Article

Will The Simpsons Ever Age?
    By David Carr

will the Simpsons ever age? They're on life support now and if there is a God, there is a DNR order.

Comment

350 episodes is the half-way point? Not if they don't get the quality of the show back up!

I mean, sh!t, last week we had yet ANOTHER look-into-the-future-episode. What is that total? Five? Six?

I'm a legendary SIMPSONS fan amongst friends and family, but even I'm disappointed by what I've been seeing the last couple of years.... It's sad to see a brilliant show like this slowly slip into mediocrity when it could've gone out like an undefeated champ a few years back.

Of course, it's a cash-cow for Fox and will be for the foreseeable future which is why Rupert won't let them pull the plug.

Comment

The show is the same as it ever was. People simply enjoy being counter-culture. At first, being a fan sufficed. Now, thanks to the show being indelible, it's hip to dislike it.

Fact is, if FOX produced a new episode and promoted it as a "lost" or banned work from the heralded seasons, the disgruntled would lap it up.

Comment

No, the show is not the same as it ever was. It's gone steeply downhill in the past two or three years. All you have to do to confirm that is watch a couple of the earlier episodes that show in syndication (which isn't hard, since they're on about four times a day), then check out any episode from this season.

I was a huge fan of the Simpsons while the show was still good. I'd buy the DVDs, in fact, if I hadn't already seen every episode on them four or five times. I didn't stop liking the show because it became "hip" to dislike it. I stopped liking the show when it ceased to be entertaining or funny.

Comment

Personally, when Conan O'Brien left the writing started going down hill and it's been going down hill ever since. Thankfully the Homer-centric episodes from a few seasons back have stopped.

I'm glad it's still on the air and I'm glad they're getting fresh writers in there, but the hey day of the Simpsons are over. Odd, how the animation has gotten as good as Futurama but the writing is just lifeless.

Comment

Working...
            X