Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI: Is someone getting dumped

There was a rumor a while back that someone was leaving the show this season. Anyone know if it's true?

I have a friend who works on the show, and he hasn't mentioned anything.

POSSIBLE SPOLIER...............

The season finale (directed by Quentin Tarantino) is titled "Kill Gil," but William Peterson is still under contract until next season.

Comment

From Imdb:
      Along with Jorja Fox, George Eads was fired in July 2004 from the hit TV crime show "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) after reportedly failing to show up for work in what appeared to be a hold-out for more money. The network had only upped his salary from $100,000 to $120,000 per episode. Eads immediately issued a public apology, stating that it had nothing to do with money and he simply overslept. After a few days the network decided to rehire him.

Fox also returned to work shortly thereafter. Not sure if they got the raise they seeked. Not sure if anyone else is leaving.

Comment

I was wondering if that's what Pipe was referring too, but then dismissed it as being old news.

I thought it was damn funny, though, when it happened. I like George and Jorga, but I liked that the producers stuck to their guns. Like $3 million a year isn't a fine salary?

Then the "sorry, I overslept" excuse was so transparent. :lol

Comment

I thought it was damn funny, though, when it happened. I like George and Jorga, but I liked that the producers stuck to their guns.
          Oh yeah, it's always nice to see the "little guy" studio and producers come out ahead of those bigwig actors. :rolleyes

Comment

Oh yeah, it's always nice to see the "little guy" studio and producers come out ahead of those bigwig actors.
            Actually, no, it's not always nice, but your Straw Man was a nice attempt. There's a lot that goes into that show that makes it great, namely the writing and production quality. Frankly, the actors are expendable. Put any one of a thousand capable actors (and they're out there, believe me) in their places, and the show wouldn't skip a beat (except for the not inconsequential fact that viewers grow attached to the actors as the image of the characters, so the actors thereby accrue some power due to the show's success).

It's entirely within the actor's right to try to capitalize on the show's success. I just think that their method of "negotiation" was immature and not worthy of consideration.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's always nice to see the "little guy" studio and producers come out ahead of those bigwig actors.
              Actually, yeah, it's good to see the producers (on TV, most of them writers) win out over actors (who don't write the show but get all the credit).

Comment

Working...
              X