Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn

Civil war thing with Jamie Bell, any good?
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Re: Turn

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    Civil war thing with Jamie Bell, any good?
    Revolutionary War. I meant to watch but got caught up in the Game of Thrones frenzy. I'm going to try and watch this Sunday.

Comment

Beautiful shooting and design. Thin characters. Hope it improves.

Comment

I'm really liking it. We're in episode 7-8.

Why you should watch Turn:
        1. It's about the first American spies. Cool.
        2. It's really interesting to see people traipsing through the woods and then see a subtitle in 1776 cursive: Long Island, or Trenton, NJ!
        3. There's an awful lot about the Revolution that maybe you either don't know, never thought about, or maybe got a little buried in history class... I certainly knew that signing the Declaration of Independence was a big deal, considered treason at the time and that the revolution was a radical thing. Still, I didn't realize so many every day "Americans" were on the side of the Red Coats! Some were on their side out of loyalty to the king, others were more apolitical, people had lots of reasons but I assumed if you were a colonist, you were against the King and you were fighting. Not so. Also, it's really interesting and awful to see how the Red Coats just took over people's farms and moved in. It's all very "If you'd like to learn more about the Revolution, visit your public library..." in a good way!
        4. The main character has tons of problems and it never seems to get better for him but I really like him. He has never enjoyed politics - yet now he's a spy. He's married to the wrong woman but tries to do the right thing, he had to profess to the whole town his allegiance to the King, meanwhile he keeps getting in deeper and deeper with the Patriots. It's good! I recommend it.
        Last edited by cvolante; 05-28-2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X