official battlestar galactica thread....

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Galactica

Call me nuts, but I don't believe a human and a robot can breed.

Comment

just saw the 13th episode and it's an absolute corker. i enjoyed most of them, but the last two are really, really good.

the thing that's bugged me about the show, even though it's not that bad, is that in the opening credits they have a montage that takes scenes from the episode you're about to watch. the problem is they usually show the dramatic moments, which means when you see the beginning of a scene you remember an image from the opening and you know where it's going, so there's little surprise.

Comment

Call me nuts, but I don't believe a human and a robot can breed.
        Sure a robot and a human can't, but if 6 and the rest of her 11 bros and sisters are cynthetic people that can easily past as human due to they were genetically engineered unlike their predcessors that just rolled off the assembly floor.

I guess the idea I'm throwing out there (only because in the USA we've only seen 4 episodes and they haven't shown us anything of Cylon Homeworld or the Cylon Birthing Stations) is: the old Cylons were robots, the newer Cylons Warriors aka Canon Fodder are newer robots while the 12 models of Cylons used for infiltration into the human ranks are highly advanced Cyborgs or possibly even Genetic Created Human Clones with nueral net pathways. Maybe they did build them with reproduction organs...

This idea is moot once we have a cylon infiltrator autopsy.

Comment

This idea is mute once we have a cyclon infiltrator autopsy.
          Or even moot. Or even Cylon.

I haven't seen the miniseries since it first aired on Sci Fi, but I seem to remember a special effects shot where we saw through the skin of the Cylon who brainwashed Baltar, and it revealed a mechanical inside, kind of like the Terminator.

Now it's apparent that at least that particular Cylon was capable of being...you know...intimate with a human. She sure fooled Baltar. But having seen these first three episodes, I don't think there's any reason to believe Cylons were made to reproduce with humans. And why would they want to do that, when their goal is to wipe humans out?

Comment

is there a monkey in a daggit suit on the new one?

Comment

Not so far, thank god.

Comment

Yeah. I can't see the logic of Cylon's nuking the human home world and chasing the survivors halfway across the Galaxy only to breed with them.

Also, why the hell can't the humans just plot a series of random hyperspace jumps in random directions until they elude the cylons? It should be pretty easy to do, given the vastness of space and the fact that you can jet off in three dimensions. I know that there are cylon spies aboard the fleet, but they would need one hell of a signaling device to cover that much distance. That's probably my only real pet peeve with the show. That and the fact that the humans are capable of faster than light travel but still use firearms and dry erase boards. At least give them a phaser or something...

Comment

I haven't finished watching last night's episode, but it raises a question:

MILD SPOILER WARNING

Why did they have to announce to the entire fleet that Cylons can mimic humans? Why couldn't they just tell everyone to be on the lookout for those two "men," show their pictures, and say they're wanted for questioning in connection with the attacks on Galactica? That would've gotten everyone looking for the Cylon agents without creating fleet-wide panic and paranoia.

Doesn't make sense. I guess it makes for good drama, but it ain't logical. And if I could think of a better solution, then Adama or the president or somebody should've been able to.

Also, unless the Cylons have a hundred agents scattered througout the fleet, why would they waste one in a suicide attack with a bomb that wasn't even powerful enough to kill the Adama and the Colonel, who were just around the corner and apparently didn't get a scratch on them?

Maybe it'll be revealed that the Cylons really do have a whole bunch of agents, or some way of making more right in the midst of the fleet. But right now it seems like a really dumb waste of resources.

Comment

The mini-series was as dumb as the TV series, which is not at all.

Also, pay better attention to Boomer.

Okay, that's my DD post for the year.

Comment

SPOILERS!

Well, we know now that the Boomer on the planet was a Cylon, which was half of my prediction. But I also predicted the one on Galactica is the real Boomer. We have yet to see if that one's right. But I still think she's not a Cylon.

I think they've tried too hard to make us think she is, which means she's not.

Comment

Re: Galactica - Spoilers, but you know that by now anyway

I thought the latest episode was pretty weak. They tried to tackle the themes of witch hunts, paranoia and The Patriot Act, only to wind up with an almost laughable episode. I just couldn't buy the fact that the Sergeant-at-Arms, within about two seconds of getting her authority, would mmediately set about abusing her power in such a blatant manner. I know they only have an hour to tell their story, but Jesus! She went out of her way to be obnoxious. Hell, she even brought in Adama, which was ludicrous! And how absurd was that ending? She actually tried to arrest him! I laughed out loud at that one.

The dialogue on this episode has to be some of the worst writing on this show to date. They were trying so hard to be serious that I guess they couldn't see how bad it turned out. It's also a blatant example of Ron Moore pilfering from his days on Trek. TNG had an almost identical episode called The Drumhead. I'm not a big fan of the TNG episode either, but it's definitely the better of the two. Let's hope this stellar show can pick it up with next week's episode.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when the hell are they going to drop this ridiculousness about affairs between the ranks? All of humanity is dead. Boomer should take off her flight suit and start shooting out Baby Chiefs. In fact, every chick on that ship better start getting naked real soon. I hope they have a good OB/GYN on board...
                        :hat

Comment

Galactica

Okay, after last friday's episode perhaps the question we should be asking is, who *isn't* a cylon?

Comment

I'm assuming the Adam as a Cylon is a lie only to get the Prez even more spooked than she already is.

Definately a step up from the last few episodes. It's been renewed for a 2nd Season, 20 episodes. Ron Moore's Blog is pretty good on answering questions.

Comment

Yeah, I thought this was the best episode yet. And I love that they gave the role of interrogator to Starbuck rather than someone more obvious, like Adama or Apollo. She kicked ass.

I do think the Adama thing was just a lie to fvck with the president's head. Because if he was, he could've done so much damage by now....

But then again, who knows? This show is turning out to be fairly unpredictable. Which is cool.

Comment

yeah great episode, loving this show. I highly doubt Adama is a cylon, I mean, he has children (Apollo and bro). As far as I know Cylon's can't have children, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X