Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALIAS (first 3 seasons)

Okay, I've never watched a single episode. I've heard nothing but good things about this show. People keep telling me to try it out. I am intrigued.

I'm thinking about getting the first 3 seasons on DVD. Is this show really worth it? Is the writing and characters that good?

The first season is worth it, imo. I loved it, and have watched it multiple times. Apparently, JJ listens to the fans a little too much, and sadly gives them what they want. The fans don't really know what makes good TV, yet...

So, I believe, because of this, seasons 2 and 3 sucked. Season 4 is getting on track, but, to me, it's a poor man's season 1.

Comment

The first two seasons are well worth getting.

The first season is very good. But, notwithstanding Boobsie's opinion, the Second season is better. There's much better family conflict and drama, overall better action and a doozy of a cliffhanger ending that leads to a...

...a Season 3 that did suck major balls.

Season 4 is on the right track.

Comment

Watch the first three episodes of Season One - you'll either love it or think it's stupid.

Comment

So far season 4 is looking like the first season, which is so good (I loved last nights episode!) I really liked the first and second season, and own the DVDs, but I would suggest renting the third season. Don't waste your $40.

Comment

Actually, the first 1 1/2 seasons of Alias are really cool. But then JJ went and made a HUGE change in the middle of Season 2 (which happened to be the Superbowl episode - fans will know what I'm talking about here) which changed the dynamic of the show, something which it's still trying to recover from. IMHO, Season 4 is, indeed, a poor man's version of Season 1 - partly because they seem to have removed the cliffhangers at the end of every episode that was a staple of Season 1. I WANT to be on the edge of my seat, going "Wait! I want to see what happens next!"

My advice - check out Season 1 first, then if you're satisfied, check out Season 2. If you're willing to buy the second half of Season 2 and the season ending cliffhanger, you can see if Season 3 is worth your money or not.

Comment

If you like wigs, then you'll love Alias...but you'd better like them a lot because there ain't much else there...this show is probably the dumbest show on TV...I would actually prefer to watch According to Jim...I don't know how the guy who helmed Felicity could make such a stupid, lame-brain show...

RM

Comment

alias

Wow, lots of mixed reactions. Not sure how to proceed now. :\

Comment

Re: alias

I think risk is in the minority (as far as DD'ers go) with his views. I've been adicted to Alias ever since it premiered. Season 1 was great, and I LOVED the family dynamic in season 2. I personally thought the series changing episode halfway through season 2 was brilliant. JJ Abrams had the balls to take the series in a different direction. It pissed a lot of fans off (and I agree the show never fully recovered... until this season), and I respect JJ for taking such a huge risk. I think it's what makes the show so special, like it or not.

Comment

but don't you think that Alias seems pretty silly with all of the chaos currently happening in the world?!? It just seems ridiculous to me that these top-notch CIA operatives aren't going after terrorists, or the North Koreans, or the Iranians, or monitoring the Russians, or anything like that....instead, they track down Rimbaldi objects?....

Comment

I see where you're coming from, Risk, but Alias is more comic book or video game style action than anything realistic. 24 deals with terroorism and the like, and that's great and all, but sometimes I like my action shows unrealistic. To each his own.

Comment

but don't you think that Alias seems pretty silly with all of the chaos currently happening in the world?!?
                        Yes, but when you have something like 9/11 and the recent wars, wouldn't you WANT to watch something that resembled escapist fare? That's why people can watch the White House getting blown up in ID4, but are at the same time horrified when they show clips of the planes slamming into the WTC - because we know the former is fiction, and the latter isn't. If you're going to hold up TV to that kind of lens, why are you watching a show where the main character doesn't do his laundry on screen? Don't they know the clothes will pile up quick in the hamper?

Comment

Working...
                        X