X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 1/19/05...

Better than last weeks by far.

And into the glut of repeats we go...

I'm beginning to think that there never was a plane in the first place.

Comment

Bad special effects with the bear.

SPOILERS............

I'm going to guess that Claire's baby has been cut out of her.

Comment

I really liked this episode. I totally missed who wrote it at the beginning, but about halfway through, realized that it had David Fury's touch. That man is genius.

Comment

How creepy was Boone, he was scarier than Locke. I felt alittle bit better about Locke after he told Walt not to see him anymore and then helped Michael rescue him, so I'm not sure if he's going to be a baddie yet. Also, he knew about Walt's being 'special', further proof that something supernatural is up w/ him, but he didn't know that Walt was in danger until Michael told him, so I don't think he's entirely Fantasy Island yet. Anyway, good episode; 3 weeks of repeats will suck, but I'll deal.

Comment

There should only be 1 week of repeats. Sweeps starts in Feb.

Comment

About Walt and the supernatural...a lot of people are leaning towards the idea that he's causing things to happen, maybe he's aware of them happening beforehand, on a subconscious level?

Comment

I'm very happy to find out about Walt's power. It's better to have one character with this ability than to have the whole island make people's thoughts turn real. I've said it before - that's corny as hell. But a lot of interesting stuff can come out of having one person dealing with this strange power. And I really like the way they told all of this in the backstory.

I think it's safe to assume that Locke is not evil, just a weirdo. Boone had no problem being around him after the experience of last week. In fact, he may even be closer to Locke - he seemed to defend him this week from Michael, perhaps out of appreciation. So obviously, Locke did what he did out of good intentions.

Anybody get a good look at Claire's diary? I noticed that HATE was scribbled in there...like Charlie's tape on his fingers. Anybody make anything out of that?

Anyway, really strong episode. Can't wait for more.

Ele...

Comment

Great show -- I'm so hooked, it's not even funny. Unfortuantely, we have to wait until Feb. 9 for the next new Lost episode.

Comment

About Walt and the supernatural...a lot of people are leaning towards the idea that he's causing things to happen, maybe he's aware of them happening beforehand, on a subconscious level?
                    But that only works for a select few of the unrealities we've seen. What we're seeing is not what is really all that is going on, only a different level of reality.

I've said this before, but the more I watch Lost the more it seems like Sphere, or at least the base concept of humans unknowingly affecting their reality.

Comment

You're as bad as anomalies.

Anyone notice claire did NOT look preggers?

Comment

I think the biggest revelation is that Walt's apparent ability to affect reality with his mind (the polar bear, the backgammon game, the knife-throwing, the polar bear again) is not a side-effect of being on the island. The scene with him wanting attention, and the bird suddenly crashing to its death into the patio door, was obviously meant to show us that he was "different" long before he ended up on the island.

I don't think Walt's power is responsible for every supernatural thing that's happened, though. Too many weird things have happened when he wasn't even around, involving things he didn't know about (Locke's paralysis healed, Jack seeing his father, Claire's dreams, etc.). But it does seem like he's more powerful on the island, going from being able to make birds crash into windows to being able to accidentally conjure up polar bears from comic books.

Speaking of Walt conjuring up animals: Who here thinks the dog (Vincent?) might be a creation of Walt's, rather than the real dog? Didn't they say early on that the dog was in the cargo hold and couldn't have survived? And wasn't there a period where Walt was seeing the dog, but nobody else was?

Maybe there's nothing to that. But maybe the dog is more than just a dog.

On a completely unrelated note: How much longer can we believe that Hurley hasn't lost any weight while living on a tropical island, working his ass off, drinking nothing but water, and eating whatever fruit and fish he can scrounge up?

On another unrelated note: Should we start a pool on what item somebody will need next, only to find out that Sawyer has it and is being a dick about it?

Comment

I have a feeling that Sawyer's constant hoarding of items is going to payoff later. My guess is that Sawyer and Jack are going to eventually be at opposite ends of whatever battle is before them (although their characteristics will blur - which even the actors have hinted at). I think this hoarding trait will be useful. Think about this: Sawyer quite possibly knows more about anybody since he has all of their stuff.

Anybody wonder if the whole fate issue will come into play more? I felt this very strongly since seeing Sawyer in Boone and Shannon's backstory. I almost wonder if everybody is assembled for their skills. Claire because of her baby, Walk because of his "mind's eye." Maybe. Maybe not.

Ele...

Comment

10 bucks says he's got a spare Cessna.

Comment

Pathetic - of COURSE Claire is no longer pregnant. A little slow on the uptake, as usual! (No offense, of course, sweetie buns.)

Comment

Working...
                              X