Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Pleasant - Pilot

I was a little underwhelmed. Lots of pretty people running around trying to look conflicted. It seemed like the show took itself a little too seriously. Any thoughts?

This show sucked. I had such high hopes considering it's partly from Buffy's Marti Noxon.

Here's what's wrong: Everything.

--It's the evil O.C. Jersey doesn't look like that, folks. Orange County looks like that. Ask Tony Soprano. The setting isn't the only O.C. comparison. Rich famiily taking in the outsider...outcast kid in the house looks up to the new girl...new girl gets involved in Mr. Perfect Lifeguard's life who's already in a relationship with Miss Perfect. So O.C., but crappier.

--Everything was so damn phony. I get that Christine causes those around her to act in strange ways, but the way this family opened up their home to her and practically begged her to stay seemed so fake and unrealistic. At least it took the O.C. three episodes for the family to come to that conclusion.

--This is some of the worst dialogue, acting and direction I've ever seen. That scene in the church, when that Harland guy knocked into the benches and fell over...so silly! Directed like a student film.

I could go on but it's not worth the time. I'm watching tonight, to give Noxon one more chance. But I'll have to be pretty damn impressed to stay tuned.

Ele...

Comment

I happened to catch the "climax". Man, was that lame. This would have been new about 15-20 years ago.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but the second episode wasn't that bad. Noxon wrote it and it did have a few whispers of her great Buffy days. A very few, but still. Don't get me wrong - this was not a great episode. But considering how awful the pilot was, it's a huge improvement. It was enough for me to give it one more week.

Ele...

Comment

the second episode was scarier than the first, but on the whole, although I like some of the actors, I didn't think that the person playing the main character was cast well and I think the show on the whole is mediocre. I'll watch it one more week. If it's not a lot better, bye-bye.

Comment

Viewed it as a blend of Buffy, The OC, and Poison Ivy...seemed like once the girl arrived, everybody was all about having sex...Not that I'm discouraging the practice.

Oh yeah, Christine is HOT! Unless she's underage, at which point she becomes an attractive young lady.

Comment

She's legal. And I saw her first.

Ele...

Comment

Most lame. Unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
                X