Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 1/5/05

Not much in terms of mystery or cliffhangers. But I must say that it's refreshing that they don't have to rely on that stuff to deliver an entertaining show. Too much of it might become gimicky.

Interesting that it was a little airplane that Kate had as a reminder of her "first kill." Very curious, isn't it. This item was locked in a safe deposit box. It could mean much more than a trinket.

Nice to see the black woman back. Bringing faith into the show is probably overdue - considering their situation. Something tells me her husband is actually alive.

Nice to see more of Maggie Grace. I wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with her. :eek

Ele...

Interesting that it was a little airplane that Kate had as a reminder of her "first kill."... It could mean much more than a trinket.
    Without a doubt.
    Nice to see more of Maggie Grace. I wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with her.
    I'm all over that.

Comment

1/5 ep Whatever the Case May Be (clever title)

I think Sawyer and Kate started to bond a bit at the beginning of this ep, don't you? Ah, well. The difference a plane makes. :rollin

Let's not forget the odd occurrence of the creeping tide. It suddenly acted up and stormed the beach. Must mean something.

Did you notice how Shannon asked Boone if Locke was his new boyfriend?

Why does Locke want to hide the fact that he had the ax or that Boone and he found an underground bunker of some kind from the rest of the castoffs? (He hits Boone over the head for deciding to tell the others in the preview for next week).

Rose makes another appearance to help Charlie get over his grief at having lost Claire to Ethan. Rose still thinks her hubby is alive.

Kate and Jack open the case and he gives her what she had been looking for - a small 2-engine model airplane, which she stares at for hours.

Shannon, whom everyone brands as useless comes up with the answer Sayid is looking for - the notations in French on Rousseau's papers are the lyrics to the French song La Mer. We recognize it as a Bobby Darin song, called "Beyond the Sea." Sayid and Shannon dismiss the Frenchwoman as nuts, but is she?

The lyrics to Beyond the Sea are:

Somewhere beyond the sea
      somewhere waiting for me
      my lover stands on golden sands
      and watches the ships that go sailin

Somewhere beyond the sea
      she's there watching for me
      If I could fly like birds on high
      then straight to her arms
      I'd go sailing

It's far beyond the stars
      it's near beyond the moon
      I know beyond a doubt
      my heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore
      we'll kiss just as before
      Happy we'll be beyond the sea
      and never again I'll go sailing

I know beyond a doubt
      my heart will lead me there soon
      We'll meet (I know we'll meet) beyond the shore
      We'll kiss just as before
      Happy we'll be beyond the sea
      and never again I'll go sailing

no more sailing
      so long sailing
      bye bye sailing...

This song is based on a French song called La Mer (the sea) and the lyrics are quite different. The song I found by Charles Tenet is here, and this is supposedly the song Rousseau wrote down (although I think it is not exact):

La mer
      Qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs
      A des reflets d'argent
      La mer
      Des reflets changeants
      Sous la pluie

La mer
      Au ciel d'été confond
      Ses blancs moutons
      Avec les anges si purs
      La mer bergère d'azur
      Infinie

Voyez
      Près des étangs
      Ces grands roseaux mouillés
      Voyez
      Ces oiseaux blancs
      Et ces maisons rouillées

La mer
      Les a bercés
      Le long des golfes clairs
      Et d'une chanson d'amour
      La mer
      A bercé mon coeur pour la vie

AltaVista translation:

The sea Qu'on sees dancing along clear gulfs
      A of the reflections d'argent the sea
      Of the reflections changing Under the rain
      The sea With the d'été sky confuses Its white sheep
      With the so pure angels the sea shepherdess d'azur Infinie See Close to the ponds These large reeds wet See These white birds And these rusted houses
      The sea rocked Along the clear gulfs
      And d'une song d'amour sea A rocked my heart for the life

(You get the gist)

Previews:

Sayid and Boone clash over Shannon

Jack and Charlie discuss Locke. Charlie calls Locke a "freak of nature" and says he is "highly disturbed."

Locke hits Boone over the head.

Comment

Re: 1/5 ep Whatever the Case May Be (clever title)

Rose makes another appearance to help Charlie get over his grief at having lost Claire to Ethan.
        What happened to Ethan, anyway? I missed that.

Comment

Ethan abducts Claire and Charlie. Jack and Kate pursue the trail. Jack is attacked by Ethan and told to cease pursuit or someone will die. Jack later resumes pursuit, finds Charlie hanging (by his neck) from a tree. Charlie is resuscitated. Claire is neither sought nor found thereafter. Jack, Kate and Charlie return to camp. Discussions of Claire's abduction and fate continue, but no mention yet of an attempt to rescue her (they seem to be heeding Ethan's threat to kill her). Neither Claire nor Ethan have been seen since.

Comment

Yeah, "Lost" is like "Alias" that way - they just don't talk about stuff that happened in the last episode... :eek

Comment

Yes I'm a perv, but I want to hang out on that island with Shannon in her bikini and Kate in her panties swimming in a pond. Even a pond with dead bodies at the bottom.

Comment

Ethan and Claire

Boone and Locke do continue to look for Claire, but, as Shannon noted, the trail has gone cold.

Comment

Re: Ethan and Claire

They're not looking for Claire. That was Boone's B.S. excuse for why he's been sneaking away with Locke. Their keeping the bunker they found a secret while they dig it out.

Ele...

Comment

Re: Ethan and Claire

Oh, of course. Well, you are right, ele.

Comment

The use of the song, "Beyond the Sea" -- I found it tender but I'm going to call it like I see it. Another shameless Disney plug. As soon as the girl started talking about "the animated movie, you know, the one about the fish," I thought, oh great, Finding Nemo.

LOST >ABC>FINDING NEMO>DISNEY: That's less than six degrees of separation. Don't get me wrong. I liked the interpretation of the song, especially in French, but it's disturbing. Were writers/producers pressured by network brass to write in product placement? To me, it was horizontal marketing at its finest but I'm sure it'll be brushed off as a coincidence. It has before.

And with three solid network hours of programming last Wednesday night, the question is, when will JJ Abrahms become head of ABC?

Comment

I lost all cognizance after Sawyer took his shirt off. :eek

What was the show about again??

Comment

I didn't see it as a plug for Disney. I saw it as a clue.

Finding Nemo: Nemo is (by his father's point of view) lost at sea. But he's not really lost. He's been taken. And is being kept.

What does that make our castaways? Lost?

Or kept?

Comment

That's always been the main piece of my theory, APW. That plane was downed on purpose by some group on the island. It was no accident. They are there for a reason.

Ele...

Comment

of course they went down for a reason. it has something to do with Claire's baby....foretold with a hint in the flashbacks. Claire was told she had to keep the baby (no abortion or adoption) in order to protect it. maybe Ethan's going to throw it down an erupting volcano to calm it :lol

but what's the deal with that trinket airplane?! why would she keep it in a safe deposit box....and seduce some dude to rob the bank so she could get it out? and why would it be the only item in an envelope with personal items being held by the marshall?

inquiring minds wanna know.

Comment

Working...
                              X