Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it does beg the question: how long can they make this mystery last?
    I read a quote from Abrahms that said they had or could map out the story for at least 3 or 4 seasons.

Don't expect any major answers soon.

Comment

the end

I guess I want it to end. maybe because it's too illogical.

Comment

Re: the end

Anomalies, I thought you liked the show....

Comment

yeah, but..

Hi refried!

I do, but I think it would be cool to allow the show to end quickly, because, think about it. If they let it go on and on with no resolution to all the various oddities, their audience will lose interest anyway, End it in one season with a bang!

Comment

Re: yeah, but..

There's so much material so far that it's hard to know how long it would take for the story to "naturally" run its course. I vote for the show lasting as long as that takes. No watering down the story in order to maximize the story mileage and network profits. Of course, the that's probably not how it will be done, but that would be my preference.

What concerns me is that most of the clues will never pan out to have meant anything. The writers are still geniuses - but they'd be gods if no holes were left in the end.

Comment

That's ridiculous, anomolies. They'll reveal some of the mysteries. People have been making TV shows for a long time. They know how much to give their audience to keep them coming back. And isn't the beauty of storytelling that the writers can keep coming up with new stuff to interest us? This is a silly thing to say IMO. This is just how TV works. I've never heard any fan of a show ask for less of it.

Ele...

Comment

The X-Files ran for at least four seasons, letting out little bits of "The Truth," before it became tedious. Why shouldn't Lost run for more than one season?

(That's a hypothetical question, in keeping with the debate. I don't for one second imagine Lost won't run for more than one season.)

Comment

I also drew a parallel to X-Files. Vimmer the Fanboy and Authorized the Freak of Nature both rebuffed me.

Comment

In terms of multiple seasons, encompassing a single storyline or mystery, I never disagreed, but I did put my foot down on your "Jack is really Mulder and Kate is Scully" theory.

Comment

Ah, humor. Ar! Ar!

:lol

Comment

X-files went bad the minute Muldaur (the underrated as well as hunky, self-deprecating David Duchovny) left.

I don't compare the two. Even thought some of the islanders want to find out what's going on, it's not quite the same structure as X-files. Some of the mysteries are hidden and you'd have to know a lot about the background to even begin to guess about them.

Anyway, maybe not this program, but I think it would be cool for a really good show to end with nearly everything explained and on a high note. X-files didn't do that.

Comment

Any show can do that, anomolies. As long as the producers put enough care into it. I don't think how long the show lasts has any effect on how well it's tied up. That's a creative issue.

So far, Lost is doing it right. Revealing bits of info and creating new mysteries at the same time. Somebody has to get this stuff right. Why not the writers of Lost?

Ele...

Comment

You're right, ele, but I still think it would be a great thing to let a good show end like that - explained and on a high note. Maybe some day.

Comment

Working...
                            X