Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extant

Anyone catch the season opener of Extant last night? I thought it was great. It opened up a number of intriguing story lines; interesting that one of them seems straight out of Spielberg's own "A.I." though I suspect this one will turn in a different direction.

Halle Berry and the guy who plays her husband are wonderful, and I love the adorable robot boy. How could you not love that kid?

Congrats to writer/showrunner Mickey Fisher for breaking in via a contest!

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Re: Extant

Great pilot. Very intriguing and different from anything else I've seen. I can see why they picked it up.

Comment

I watched. It was good, especially for network tv...LOL.

I missed the last 5 minutes due to dvr malfunction. Anyone wanna tell me how it ended?
      "Running down a dream, that never would come to me." Tom Petty

Comment

Originally posted by Exponent5 View Post
        I watched. It was good, especially for network tv...LOL.

I missed the last 5 minutes due to dvr malfunction. Anyone wanna tell me how it ended?
        SPOILER!

She goes outside to put out the garbage and sees the dark figure again. Then he walks up to her and she can see that it's the white guy who had been living on the space station before her, and supposedly killed himself afterwards. He says he's "real, not like what you saw on the space station- or words to that effect. He tells her he'll be in touch again and for her not to trust ANYONE, particularly those in charge, and then he runs off.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I liked it but not as much as I thought I would. And the more I think about it, the less I like it. Dialogue and several scenes were just unbelievable---and there was zero chemistry between Halle and the actor (Gorin?) playing her husband. I felt like the kid actor had been told to study creepy Victor in THE RETURNED. Given the hype, I was expecting to be blown away and I wasn't. Maybe my expectations were too high.
          http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I'll watch the second episode but there are too many "And another thing!"s, if that makes sense.

Comment

I'm still in it. Love sci-fi, so I can't help myself. Aliens and extraterrestrials-- all good stuff.

Good moment with the co-scientist-- "I don't have to ask permission; we're not partners." It was timed well. Knew it was coming, but the moment was ripe.

Next week's episode looks like it's gonna be good.

I like it. Love little Ethan, too.
              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Last night's eppy was much better. Took a turn I hadn't expected. But I get the feeling they're burying this with the day/time changes.
                http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                  To be perfectly honest, I liked it but not as much as I thought I would. And the more I think about it, the less I like it. Dialogue and several scenes were just unbelievable---and there was zero chemistry between Halle and the actor (Gorin?) playing her husband. I felt like the kid actor had been told to study creepy Victor in THE RETURNED. Given the hype, I was expecting to be blown away and I wasn't. Maybe my expectations were too high.
                  Goran.
                  "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I think I was expecting more too. An awful lot of things we've seen before.

The conspiracy/alien baby storyline just feels like a bunch of overly familiar storylines bunched together. The robot child, on the other hand, is a much more compelling story.

Comment

Working...
                    X