Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One hour cable comedy?

Does such a thing exist? If so, examples?
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Re: One hour cable comedy?

Orange Is The New Black straddles the line between drama and comedy but that's the closest current one-hour that i can think of off the top of my head

Comment

In terms of pure comedy, I just don't know of that existing. And even if someone comes up with an example, it's going to be a big exception to the "rule."

Any hourlong something with comedy in it, whether it's network or a cable series, will pretty much be a combination of genres as such comedy-drama, comedy-crime-drama as in the cases of "Orange is the New Black" and "Monk" OR a comedy-drama-fantasy as with say, "Pushing Daisies." That said, there was "Glory Daze" on TBS which was an attempt at an hourlong comedy. For some reason I believe I saw the pilot which was okay at best, as I recall. But the series didn't last long. Off of that, Walt Becker set up "U-Boat" an hourlong detective comedy at TBS, but then again it's a genre combo.

I'm sure sustainability will always be a factor & concern in terms of filling 45 minutes or so with pure comedy each and every week.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Shameless. Comedy-Drama though.

Comment

Working...
        X