Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly

I finally checked out the Firefly DVD box set and realized what all the fuss was about. What a great show, very smartly written and beautiful production design. It was a real bummer to get to the last episode on the DVDs and realize that there will be no more.

Oh well, at least there's the movie still to come...

Firefly

I'll give you the production design, but I don't feel that Firefly lived up to the stellar quality of Whedon's early work on Buffy and, to a lesser degree, Angel. Of course, Buffy is a hard show to top, so maybe the comparison isn't very fair. However, that's the curse of creating a hit show. It will always be in your rear view mirror, dogging any future project that you create. I hope that Serenity is more representative of Whedon's writing ability than Firefly was. If so, then we might have another "Trek" moment, where a canceled show becomes a movie, then returns to television based on the success of that movie.

Comment

Whedon scale of greatness...

1) Firefly
      2) Angel
      3) Buffy

That's it. That's the list. Buffy had it's moments, but it was all hype. Angel was the real deal but didn't have the epic human scope of Firefly.

Comment

Dude, you totally have that list reversed.

Comment

And I'm sure that, being fans and all, you all know he's making a movie version of Firefly......

Comment

I agree with, Opty - reverse the list. But I also discovered Firefly and loved it. It's hard to compare it to Joss' other great achievements, I mean somebody's gotta be the worst of the group. It's big company to hang with. But even so, Firefly was light years (sorry...:lol ) beyond the other shows on TV. A great series that wasn't given a fair shot.

And FYI, Joss has said that if Serenity is a success he wants to make it a trilogy. Not return it to TV.

Ele...

Comment

I read an interview w/ Joss yesterday where he said that Serenity is very much a stand-alone film and that the whole trilogy idea is just a rumor...

Comment

It's only a rumor until Serenity makes a sh!tload of money.

Ele...

Comment

Working...
                X